Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Miracle Finish Systems

Posted by Frank Canna 
Miracle Finish Systems
August 11, 2004 10:28AM
<HTML>Just wanted to mention that I visited the Miracle Finish website and was very impressed with their company history and what they have to offer.

If you get a chance, stop by Miracle Finish at: www.miraclefinish.com</HTML>

Re: Miracle Finish Systems
August 12, 2004 12:47AM
<HTML>Hello guys:

Anyone used miraclefinish products? Please let me know.

Kris</HTML>

www.miraclefinish.com
August 12, 2004 01:27AM
<HTML>I checked out the transport link and they seemed to have some interesting products for polishing metal (and paint). The air powered polisher looked kind of useful.</HTML>

August 12, 2004 02:11AM
<HTML>How will having a nice web site improve the detailing process?</HTML>

&quot;The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.&quot;

www.waynestowels.com
August 12, 2004 06:20AM
<HTML>MFI is in India since the last 5 years. They are mostly doing new to almost new cars with an Orbital buffer. The product is film forming just like lamination. Initially they used "Teflon" when marketing the product now they say fortified with PTFE. The product has a plastic-like glossy sheen. Swirls once formed on the coating are difficult to remove. Delamination on some cars has been the major complaint with the product.
Worth trying if you can wash your car without putting swirls.</HTML>
August 12, 2004 09:56AM
<HTML>Rajesh Manchanda,

1- Have you used these products?

2- Did you experience either hard to remove swirls or delamination?</HTML>

August 12, 2004 01:15PM
<HTML>We are well aware of Rajesh Manchanda. Once people buy our product on how they use it we have no control. Quality in India is of no consequence and people like Rajesh detail cars for less than $ 10.00. He is the last one to be talking about quality. We have customers in Italy who will vouch for miracle finish products. You can talk to customers like South Shore Marine, Bird Bath, Car Toys and Jolly in Italy. Their opinions count not Rajesh Manchanda's.

We just signed up a distributor in the Motor Cycle Industry yesterday and he came to us after having used our product and swearing by it.

Kris</HTML>

www.miraclefinish.com
August 13, 2004 12:51AM
<HTML>Is this the same kind of treatment as CrystalGuard, Glare, etc?

The film forming lamination sounds something like what Anthony Orosco experienced (shrink-wrapped look) using a certain paint sealant.

Kris, I'd be willing to try it if you send me a sample. I'll give true feedback.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
August 13, 2004 06:27AM
<HTML>Frank,
I have not used the product but I have just stated the review of people who have had their cars done by the product. I think you should take a sample of Kris's product and judge the results yourself. Good product but having drawbacks which we mentioned.

I fail to understand Kris's stand that after selling the product to India for 5 years he is critical about the installers. I am neither a seller, installer of his product just an observer. Knowing me or any other Indian will not reflect the products performance. We do not detail cars with products which say "Teflon" or fortified "Teflon" or now with "PTFE". Being a chemist from the Royal Institute of Technology, and reading about what DuPont says about Teflon in a Paint Sealant/Wax is enough to know that such marketing gimmicks when used do not speak of the companies true quality, policy and motive in promoting quality products.</HTML>
August 13, 2004 12:42PM
<HTML>We will ship you a sample Brian. Is your address on your website? I will check it out.

To refer to your comment Rajesh, first of all you should not have criticized the product if you have not used it. Secondly we are still selling in India to distributors. But like I said how the end user uses it, dilutes it, uses less, or uses more than required is beyond our control.

We do not want to use the word Teflon simply because we refuse to pay high Royalties just for the use of that word. Itis a PTFE fortified product and it is excellent if used as directed.

Kris</HTML>

www.miraclefinish.com
August 13, 2004 01:37PM
<HTML>Kris; why didn't you answer my email i sent you concerning the polishing equipment that you sell??????..........Brandy !</HTML>
August 13, 2004 03:03PM
<HTML>I did Brandy! I replied to you on your email address as I saw it when I was checking email. Please let me know if you received it. I also gave your ph number to Mr. Dave' he will call you to give you all the info.

Thanks
Krish</HTML>

www.miraclefinish.com
August 13, 2004 05:49PM
<HTML>Kris.

Why do you add PTFE to your products and what are the benefits ?</HTML>
August 14, 2004 06:41AM
<HTML>Just some information to those who use Teflon, fortified PTFE (because of royalty problems), an article came out on 30th July in India.

[xpupload.hpphoto.com]

View the article in its actual size.</HTML>
August 14, 2004 09:32PM
<HTML>Rajesh.

I am having problems accessing that article, would it be possible for you to email it to me.

Thanks</HTML>
August 14, 2004 10:28PM
<HTML>I have personally read the first reply posted by Rajesh and canot see where he ever states that he personally used the product in question. It may "seem" that way at first but he is straight forward in his claims that he has NOT tried the product.

As for Kris telling us and Rajesh that his opinion does not count and that he is the last person to speak about "quality" is also just an "opinion" UNLESS Kris has seen or experienced the work put out by Rajesh for $10 first hand. If not then is this not the "opinion" of Kris? Should it then also "count"?

Anthony</HTML>

Details, Details, Details....It's all in the details!
www.UltimateReflections.NET
August 15, 2004 07:45PM
<HTML>Your response smacks of bigotry and I am appalled that you are incapable of defending your products without disparaging an entire continent and its peoples. What is even more galling is that you enjoy an income from selling your products to India and seem to hold them in such little regard.

Mr. Manchanda related what I believed to be an opinion about your products and experiences people in India had with its use. I am intelligent enough to draw my own conclusions and measure objectively the merits of the products through my own evaluation and use, bearing in mind the experiences others have with its use.

I am not sure what “you” are aware about Rajesh Manchanda?

Is the reader to deduce that because he is Indian therefore this somehow makes him less credible or qualified to express an opinion as opposed to an American or European? Since these are the only people you make reference to.

<<Once people buy our product on how they use it we have no control>>

It is obvious that no supplier has control over the user of a product, but does this mean the user is not qualifed to relate his opinions, the opinions of others or the experience of others about your product?

<<Quality in India is of no consequence and people like Rajesh detail cars for less than $ 10.00. He is the last one to be talking about quality.<<

People like??? What are people like Mr. Manchanda? Indian? Or is there some other inference… Is it not arrogance on your part to assume Mr. Manchanda is a detailer let alone how much he may or may not charge to detail a vehicle? or even the quality of his work.

<<Quality in India is of no consequence>>

Please illuminate us with your expertise in this arena and cite published studies that show the following?

A) "Quality in India is of no consequence”
b) The relationship between quality and $10.00. Perhaps you are unaware that the average labor rate is about $3,000

What is abundantly clear is you are a boor… and I would have serious reservations about supporting you or your products.</HTML>
August 16, 2004 02:41AM
<HTML>I have been away at a show so I apologize for not responding. PTFE is a florocarbon and one of the many ingredients that enhances the life of the sealant.</HTML>

www.miraclefinish.com
August 16, 2004 03:04AM
<HTML>To address concoursegarage:

Seems like you are taking this very personally. I am not on this forum to fight and argue. Mr. Manchanada is the one who made the comment about product leaves swirls and delaminates, etc. He has not used the product so his statement "Worth trying if you can wash your car without putting swirls." was very inappropriate. You do not have to respond, whether you agree or not as I am not here to argue.

I met some nice people here and they have emailed me with some marketing ideas and experiences.

We do sell the products to India but once again who the distributor sells to and how he educates the garage shop owners and how the garage shop owner uses it is not in our control. But there is no bigotery in saying there is a vast difference in quality standards in different countries.</HTML>

www.miraclefinish.com
August 16, 2004 06:35AM
<HTML>John
Sorry the article which came out in the Times of India on 30th July,2004, states:-
TEFLON FOUND IN HUMAN BLOOD:
The ubiquitous teflon chemical, found on non-stick cookware, has made its way into the human body putting their health at a risk, a peer-reviewed science journal reported.
Teflon has been found in the human blood in people from Asia, North and South America and Europe. 'Environmental Science and Technology' journal said. "Practically speaking, these man-made teflon chemicals never break down in the environment. They cause cancer and other problems in lab animals" it stated. PTI

Another observation regarding the 'Miracle Finish' product. We measured the gloss on a Silver Ford Ikon under 60 deg observation (JIS) it gave a reading of 100. Before the coating the gloss was 80-84. We then found a similar vehicle at the dealership which had been treated 4 months earlier and measured the gloss, its reading was 84. The treatment at the Ford dealership was being warranteed for 2 years. Silver cars do not reflect the swirls so much, but to an expert detailer one could observe these on the vehicle. There was no delamination on the 4 month earlier treated vehicle.

I understand that Mr. Chuck Dave (Director MFI) is of Indian origin settled in the US. Knowing the Indian environment, the expertize, should initially Teflon be sent to India, now fortified PTFE when even 3M has classified its ScotchGuard product as carcinogenic (cancer causing).

Kris speaks so highly of his product approved by the Italians. Do detailers in the US benchmark their products with those used by the Italians???</HTML>
August 16, 2004 12:41PM
<HTML>Gee......I feel as if I was ignored sad smiley

Oh well.......I knew a guy in California that had started his own detailing product line, back when Teflon was a big rage, and he of course had a Teflon sealant like all the others. His bottles said "Fortified with Teflon!" Do you know how it was fortified? Well he or another person would just add a "small" pinch of the Teflon and he could then legally claim it was "fortified" with Teflon. What a joke!

Kris, can you provide science that states Teflon is actually bonding to the cars finish? Has not science said otherwise?

Thanks,
Anthony</HTML>

August 17, 2004 02:51AM
<HTML>How many times have I went through this.

Teflon is a modified "flurotelamer" or "flurocarbon" polymer chain.

That is it, except it has been found by several health and safety ministries or sections, around the world, to create a carcenigenic concern, once the "modification" of the molecular chain is accomplished.

The flurocarbon or flurotelamer polymer chain is accepted by the chemical trained, to be the most "chemically resistant" polymer chain known to science at this time.

All that it appears to have been done with the Teflon marketed product is a slight modification, which has created some health issues.

Dupont is a fine company, however, marketing is important to any company and that is shown by DuPont in their handling of their modified fluro resins.

The key thing is that the two "non-trade marketed" polymer resin chains, will cure by simple exposure to air, versus the required high heat cure of most, if not all Teflon polymer resin chains..

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it all!
August 17, 2004 07:03AM
<HTML>this is off the topic a little but some of my clients like the snap on tools polish they offer a 2 step process buff and polish sealant that if you dont get it applied right you can tell as soon as you rewash the auto you can
remove the sealant in thin films of plastic looking stuff i did it the other day put some on the wifes car got in a hurry on the hood rewashed and pulled off a thin film cure time is about 45 minutes</HTML>
August 18, 2004 05:04AM
<HTML>Why do you professional detailers allow yourselves to be drawn into these discussions about "miracle sealant" products.

There is sufficient data out there that testifies that there are no "miracle sealants" on the market. Most will last about 6 months under the best conditions without a renewal and most should probably be renewed within 3 to 4 months.

This is testimony I have gotten from several chemists I have talked to personally from several of the major detail chemical companies in the industry.

There are so many other more important topics that could be discussed.

Just my opinion of course.

Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS

ps: Rajesh - do you detail cars in India for $10.00?</HTML>

buda
August 18, 2004 05:25AM
<HTML>Welcome back....buda

I agree....lets get back to girls in bikini's

...how about bikini clad girls doing $99 express details (just joking)....but,no joking about this.... its got the record for the longest thread to date here on weg-cars forum with the most replies so far....

what's that tell you?

ps: Rajesh - do you detail cars in India for $10.00?
buda

buda....and you thought my prices were cheap.....now thats cheap!

See DETAILING prices does vary depending on location of the operator & market conditions in that region....wonder what the avg income of people in his city in India?....how much is the cost of living there?....compared to the U.S.

?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
ColesCountyAutoDetailing.com
August 18, 2004 06:19AM
<HTML>Author: Fool O'Toole
Date: 08-10-04 10:31

From Dan:

"Iv'e never come across an industry with so much hype and bull."

Truer words were never spoke in all mankind's history.

Millions of people want to imprison people like Ken Lay, Bernie Ebbers, and Martha Stewart but if the majority of "execs" in the car care products business were held to the same scrutiny, there would hardly be an industry to support or patronize. This business is filled to the gills with liars, cheaters, manipulators, and good ol' fashoned bullshitters. You'd think that after 25+ years of messin' about the detailing world I'd get used to it, but it continues to shock me. Stuf Products is only the latest industry scumbag.

If nothing else the people doing product testing and evaluations realize on some level that most of the industry is built on BS and marketing and they're trying to slash their way to the truth. It may not be scientific but it's a start and you'd think the big time players in the industry would be supportive of their efforts. But it all goes back to Dan's statement, doesn' it?

I AGREE...

Thought this deserved repeating....if the most consumers of detailing products/services only new the real truth about this biz...or some other types of business for that matter.....most big business....they would be shocked,to say the least!

?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
August 18, 2004 06:21AM
<HTML>We are swaying away from the topic but just to give other detailers the scenerio in India, well, here goes.
Majority of detailing is done at the Dealership. 80% and the rest 20%at the residence or service station/garage. The Dealerships offer these services to the customer at a cost of $40-$65. This does not include application of a paint sealant, or a fabric protector. Some Mercedes dealerships even charge $ 500 for a paint sealant.
Some of the dealerships buy the products and do the installation themselves others hire an installer on contract. As the margin for selling a car is so low they normally will give the contracted installer 40-50% of the final selling price.
Some installers use wax, some use valet products, some use paint sealants (Acrylic), etc. Basically more the dealerships squeeze the detailer, cheaper the product used.</HTML>
August 18, 2004 06:26AM
<HTML>ps: Rajesh - do you detail cars in India for $10.00?
buda

buda....and you thought my prices were cheap.....now thats cheap!

See DETAILING prices does vary depending on location of the operator & market conditions in that region....wonder what the avg income of people in his city in India?....how much is the cost of living there?....compared to the U.S.

Can you answer theese questions....i'm curious if you only charge $10 for details....and what your expenses are?

Come on share with us here in the USA.

?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
August 18, 2004 12:26PM
<HTML>C.M. wrote:

"...how about bikini clad girls doing $99 express details (just joking)....but,no joking about this.... its got the record for the longest thread to date here on weg-cars forum with the most replies so far....

what's that tell you?"

C.M.

Well that would be incorrect. The bikini post has a little over 72 posts while another thread, one regarding AcrylicWerks, has over 135 posts. I believe that to be the longest thread on record, perhaps aside from the one on the Dri-wash product.

What's that tell you?

Well it tells me more people, at least detailers on this forum, find threads regarding actual detailing and/or products, their use and testing, far more interesting.

Take care,
Anthony</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login