Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Removing Melted Crayon?

Posted by Paul Apollonia 
Removing Melted Crayon?
August 13, 2004 05:31PM
<HTML>Guys:

Any suggestions on how to remove melted crayon from a cloth seat?

Thanks in advance.

This forum is the best!!!!!!</HTML>

Auto Appearances Inc , Raleigh NC (919) 812-4759
Re: Removing Melted Crayon?
August 13, 2004 05:43PM
<HTML>Paul, I saw a detailer in Columbus,Ohio remove crayon,and chewing gum from one of those Socker Mom van's. It did have cloth seats,and he shot some co2 on it to freeze it, then safetly vacuumed and scrub brushed it off.I was kinda concerned, that he may do damage to the fiber getting it so cold,but this guy said to use that or dried ice. If you try either one be sure to use some protection for you exposed body parts,so you don't get burned.
I alway wished I'd asked him what he would use on leather seat or some of the vinal/plastic stuff,as I feel almost sure it would shatter like glass!</HTML>
August 13, 2004 06:14PM
<HTML>Paul,

On the other side of the coin you can use a hair dryer type heat gun and a piece of cloth.

Simply place the cloth over the melted crayon and begin to heat the cloth while you press the cloth gently into the cayon. You should quickly noticed how the crayon will begin to transfer over to the cloth. Keep doing this until you've got all of the crayon transferred over to the cloth. The same process also works very well for chewing gum too.</HTML>

August 13, 2004 06:17PM
<HTML>correction:

Simply place the cloth over the melted crayon and begin to heat the cloth while you press the cloth gently into the crayon. You should quickly notice how the crayon will begin to transfer over to the cloth. Keep doing this until you've got all of the crayon transferred over to the cloth. The same process also works very well for chewing gum too.</HTML>

August 13, 2004 06:41PM
<HTML>Thanks Guys:

A local rental car placed called me.

The woman on their end missed quoted what needed to be done.
She stated remove melted crayon from seat, clean seats and carpets and detail interior and wash.

SHe said they already have a quote for $50. I told that I can not match that.

Since I do stop by every week and chat with the manager (who was on vaca today) I told them I would stop by and look at it.

Well I just got back, the melted crayon is very minor and all they want done is vacuum and remove melted crayon and wash.</HTML>

Auto Appearances Inc , Raleigh NC (919) 812-4759
August 14, 2004 03:27AM
<HTML>Consumer Reports: Scrape excess crayon off with a dull-edged knife or metal spoon. Spray with WD-40 and let stand for a few minutes. With a small stiff bristle brush, work into the stain and wipe with white paper towels. Respray with WD-40 and apply detergent solution to the sprayed area; work in with brush and blot. Then Rinse. For more tips, visit Crayola's web site ( www.crayola.com ).

I'd try shortcutting it to Tarminator or Mineral Spirits and a cotton towel but I enjoy living dangerously.
Doug
P.S. You can Google search " stain charts " or "stains " too.</HTML>
August 14, 2004 04:14AM
<HTML>[www.drclean.co.uk];

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login