Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Emblems and Breaking the rules

Posted by Doug Delmont 
<HTML> Let me say right now that I know you aren't supposed to get wax into cracks and crevices if you can avoid it and I know a natural bristle brush is less likely to scratch paint so bear with me. Here's my unorthodox way to clean and protect cruddy emblems and chrome wheel well trim :
Use a powered toothbrush to brush Mother's California Gold Car Cleaner Wax Liquid all over, in, and around emblems and between the chrome wheel well trim and the body. Let it dry at least partially and brush it out.
Follow up with swabs and toothpicks. You'll extract dirt you would never have gotten out with by-the-book methods and you'll put wax protection where you normally can't. The only drawback is that you may leave minor wax deposits on the double-stick tape used to mount the emblems and elsewhere.
( some other waxes may be suiable for this trick but I can only vouch for Mother's because that's all I've tried it with ). I find the result greatly improves the car's appearance.
Doug
" A turtle only makes progress by sticking his neck out. "</HTML>
Re: Emblems and Breaking the rules
August 16, 2004 01:43PM
<HTML>It was either Brian Angelucci or Jim Hamill that put me on the electric tooth brush thing. To eleminate the wax/polish/sealant thing into ,or on the tape,try taking a Q-tip dipped in dressing that you use use on trim.Then go around the emblems,and what ever else you are cleaning up,before using the tooth brush with wax/polish/sealant........ Thanks again for the tip ....Sometimes there is a lot missed, and with all of the BullSh!t going on this forum there are quite a few that are leaving Period!..... Brandy !</HTML>
Re: Emblems and Breaking the rules
August 16, 2004 02:05PM
<HTML>It was either Brian Angelucci or Jim Hamill that put me on the electric tooth brush thing. To eleminate the wax/polish/sealant thing into ,or on the tape,try taking a Q-tip dipped in dressing that you use use on trim.Then go around the emblems,and what ever else you are cleaning up,before using the tooth brush with wax/polish/sealant........ Thanks again for the tip ....Sometimes there is a lot missed, and with all of the BullSh!t going on this forum there are some that are leaving Period!..... Brandy !</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login