Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

webmaster:- New forum software

Posted by Jim Hammill 
webmaster:- New forum software
August 16, 2004 03:16AM
<HTML>Webmaster.

Isnt it about time we got some new forum software ?

This forum compared to others out there now is woefully lacking in any features, and is looking rather dated. Thats not the big issue though.

vbulletin forum software has this handy little feature called "ignore user", now that would, in the current climate around here, be a very desirable feature.

Jim.</HTML>
Re: webmaster:- New forum software
August 16, 2004 04:55AM
<HTML>Agreed. I believe that would solve a lot of headaches.</HTML>

August 16, 2004 05:18AM
<HTML>[forums.delphiforums.com]

copy and paste this address. A bunch of us (Ketch, SBud, shine shop and other included) were very active on it but it slowed down a bit because we lacked new people to fresh'n up the topics.

I enjoy the format much more than this type aslo.</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
August 16, 2004 05:43AM
<HTML>I agree too. An update would be great but if not, thats cool too. This is a great forum!</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
August 16, 2004 07:02AM
<HTML>Deal with it.....why can't you just ignore a post you disagree with or don't care for?.....why do you need "software" to do that for you?....do you have no self control?

?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
ColesCountyAutoDetailing.com
<HTML>Jim Hammill,

1- New software will not solve the problems on this forum.

2- The constant arguments are not being caused by the lack of features.

3- Everyone who uses this forum already has the ability to 'ignore user'.

Nothing on this forum is going to change by adding new software. Things don't change people. People change things.</HTML>

August 16, 2004 01:27PM
<HTML>Very good answer Chris, and Frank. Just ignore ,or if it bothers you that greatly, go to where the problem is, and remove the problem...Brandy

101 st AirBorne LRP Team 2</HTML>
<HTML>Eric Brandenburg,

Please do not use my name in the same sentence with that person. I have nothing in common with him, not even detailing.

Thank you.</HTML>

August 16, 2004 01:59PM
<HTML>I have to re-login EVERy damn time i want to post. This thing just won't remember my login on either of my computers, or on Explorer or Opra.

So yes please. And then I think moderators be appointed who can work on a three strikes and your banned basis.</HTML>
August 16, 2004 02:12PM
<HTML>Ok Frank, just for You. I'll have your name on a line my itself.

If Chris wants a line to his own he'll have it also !

But, wait a minute, my granchildren are scuffing, and I have to put one up stairs and one down stairs........Be back soon...........Ha,Ha.......Brandy!</HTML>
<HTML>Thank you Eric.

Just wanted to make it perfectly clear that although I am a member of this public forum, I prefer to ignore and not to be associated with that person.</HTML>

August 16, 2004 06:39PM
<HTML>Thanks....I agree with Eric....just ignore it(me)....if you don't like it(me)

It's easy....I ignore some of the members here all the time.

THIS LINE IS FOR YOU....frank canna....Chris Gaines....frank canna....Chris Gaines.....etc....God bless America....where FREEDOM of speach still lives here on this forum!

Man franko, you sure changed your tune(after I disagreed with you)

EXAMPLE:

Frank Canna
04/05/2004
10:39 h

Chris,

Just wanted to acknowledge your contributions over at the Web-Cars detailing forum.

It is easy to see why your customers would trust having their vehicles detailed by Coles County Auto Detailing.

Keep up the good work!

?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
<HTML>Wouldn't matter. Forums are like villages...each has their "idiot".</HTML>

August 16, 2004 11:06PM
<HTML>An awful lot of posts from a certain person during wee hours of the morning 3:30am and the early afternoon hours of 12-3pm. Doesn't this person have work and a good detailing business?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

August 16, 2004 11:07PM
<HTML>Regardless of the problems that wont be solved this forum might just have the worst format of any other forum on the net!

Also there are some of the best versed detailers on the net that post here and an up to date format would greatly improve the ability to keep up with topics and increase post count. I rarely post here because I dont like to have to read through all the new posts in a thread to get to the new posts. ( if I can remember where they left off )

This group of detailers has the potential to by far provide the best information available, lets just make it an easier board for all to use no matter weather the reason is to ingor ( which would help end some of the bickering ) or to just make it easier to add a post to help someone looking for information.

An update is what this forum DESPERATLY NEEDS !</HTML>
forums are political by nature.
August 16, 2004 11:22PM
<HTML>All public forums are political in nature....

.....if you don't like politics,you won't like public forums......this is not a club

....for only those who agree with each other....what's the pupose of that....you only can learn only from like-minded people who only agree with you most the time....there is a lot more to be learned from those who disagree with you,in my opinion....you need both sides to balance it out....the left & the right & the middle ....to be free to experss their opinons & ideas....whithout fear of being ban or restricted....this is the American way!...this is why this forum is so successfull & popular on the web & with most here who participate in it....its the best detailing forum on the web.....I love it!

Webmaster....no changes are needed here....this site works just fine,in my opinion.

?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
Re: forums are political by nature.
August 16, 2004 11:28PM
<HTML>Has anybody visited this forum ??? ------

[forums.delphiforums.com]

Wadda think???</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
August 16, 2004 11:46PM
<HTML>Joe,

I went to that site last night and it's the old Mobileworks.com forum layout.

Also, an update would be good but I thought it over and noticed that 8 out of 10 detailers on Web-Cars are also active posters at Mobileworks.com.

For regulars such as myself, Bud, Jim, Wayne, Ron, etc. we should be allowed to ask an automotive related question without having someone ask where the relevancy is.

We should leave politics out or personal views because that's what causes 60+ posts to threads which lost it's topic in the first three responses.

Finally, a forum is a place where one posts there views, expressions and opinions on a subject -- for us it's detailing (both technical and business) and not politics.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

August 16, 2004 11:58PM
<HTML>check it out that delphi forum.....did'nt like it that much.....simple is always better!.....

less=more

plus for that "ignore user" option.....it cost $4.95 per/mo for the user....what a rip off....I can do that for free here....it's called self-control.

I find it easier & easier to ignore those who regularly take pokes at me here....it's no big deal anymore....i'm expecting that kind of responses from those people...it's getting kinda funny to me now!

Webmaster.....keep it simple,that's always better.....that makes it easier for the new user,in my opinion.

Your doing something right....type in auto detailing on google search....this site is #1 & #2......

?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
August 17, 2004 01:49AM
<HTML>ohhh my word...
i leave town for a few days and you guys start killing each other...
that's a new way of dealing with your competition...but i am still not convinced it'll work.
to the forum software...the only thing, that always ticked me of , is the fact that you have to read a whole threat over again for each new post...that's all
see ya
michael c
P.S> you all oughta open the little prosac samples i've send you... you will see the car detailworld in a way nicer prospective... or just move down here to florida...i don't mind sharing the cake with you guys</HTML>
August 17, 2004 03:29AM
<HTML>My vote is for an upgrade for sure. It would be so much easier when a newbie comes on and tries to describe a problem and can also post up some pictures of the problem.

An ignore feature is cool but not needed really.

Moderators who are moderating for the benefit of the forum and not friends would be best.

Other pros can share their work with other pros via pictures.

I said a few years ago that this forum layout is ancient and in need of a makeover. I hope Paul can make something happen.

Anthony</HTML>

Details, Details, Details....It's all in the details!
www.UltimateReflections.NET
August 17, 2004 03:46AM
<HTML>Like most everyone else, I agree it's a great forum, but cumbersome to navigate. Here's a forum with an excellent format:

[pub97.ezboard.com]

Some of the nice features about it are that it's relatively easy to post pix and the subject matter is broken down into categories. It's also very easy to conduct polls. It's also very user friendly.

Just my 2 bits worth.</HTML>

Shine On!

Rod Wesley
Touch Up 'N' Go!
Auto &amp; Marine Appearance Center
We take your car from Rough to Buff!
Visit our website at: www.touchupngo.com
<HTML> One idea would be a compilation of the meat of previous posts on a given subject, featuring only the advice of the various participants. It might take some editing work, to do this though.
Doug</HTML>
August 18, 2004 01:40AM
<HTML>yeah right doug...that can be your new job....you can be the forum editor.....why don't you get right on that?

Great idea!.....keep em comin back for more!

?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
August 18, 2004 04:24PM
<HTML>"Author: C.M.Gaines
Date: 08-17-04 20:40

yeah right doug...that can be your new job....you can be the forum editor.....why don't you get right on that?

Great idea!.....keep em comin back for more!"

I think it is easy to see who would have the most to lose by switching the forum to a more modern and controlled format. Chris is not active on any other forums because his antics would facilitate his banning within days.
Chris seems scared that having the forum moderated would disallow his childish behaviour and ignorant posts - nothing more, nothing less.</HTML>

August 19, 2004 02:42AM
<HTML>Scoooty....Thanks for the kind words,as always...it's expected from you now.....you continue to prove my point & make me laugh out loud!....you just can't IGNORE ME,.....can you?

I participate only here on this forum....because it's SIMPLY the best I'VE found online,so far....and your FREE to express your opinions here....without restriction & fear of being ban.....FREEDOM RULES!

I know it's killling some of you guys,to not be able to control my posting here,but relax.....I'm getting ready to go on vacation soon(to florida).....so you'll get a break for awile....sounds like some need a break from me here,right?...ENJOY it while it last.

Don't worry I'll be gone(for awile) soon on vacation....just be paient.

?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
August 19, 2004 04:10AM
<HTML>Who says I have to ignore you Chris? I am simply too busy MAKING MONEY to waste any significant time on your meaningless posts. Keep running your mouth Chris - you are just hanging yourself with your own rope.</HTML>

August 19, 2004 05:12AM
<HTML>Scoooty....Yeah right...get real!

I already got more money in my trust fund/investments....than you'll ever make in your lifetime from your biz....you just jealous....deal with it!

Keep replying to my post...and you just continue to prove my point & make yourself look bad....you CAN'T ignore me....you try sometimes...but always end up doing it...why?....because its very easy to push your buttons...your very predictable.

Keep those replies comin'....just like I want.

?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
August 19, 2004 08:07AM
<HTML>I volunteer for moderator (I am moderating several other forums and am fair with everyone, (never had to ban anyone..., yet and only had to remove one post for spammingsmiling smiley

There are several here that would also make good moderators...

I always read the board, even if I do not post everyday (long, long hours right now...</HTML>

&quot;The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.&quot;

www.waynestowels.com
August 19, 2004 08:26AM
<HTML>Wayne....this forum is fine the way it is.....needs no changes.

The forum has been very successful without them....and will continue to thrive....if left alone.

God bless America!

?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login