Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

webmaster:- New forum software

Posted by Jim Hammill 
Re: forums are political by nature.
August 19, 2004 11:13AM
<HTML>It's starnge how you always drone on about having a little trust fund Chris. I'll let you in on a little secret since you want to compare such things - I also have a very sizable inheritance coming my way. I just don't run my mouth about it OR have to rely on getting it to lead the lifestyle I want to have. Understand Chris? I am a success all by myslef without inheriting a dime of my family's money (which consequently makes what you have publicly stated you are getting look like peanuts). I laugh heartily every time you say someone is jealous of you Chris. What the hell is there to be jealous of? Your 2 bit business? Your beautiful wife? Your lifestyle? Your high intellect and obvious impressive education? You need to snap out of it man. Ask anyone here whether you are wanted OR needed here and I think you will see a different picture. I forgot though - I am just being jealous of you again. You're a hoot Chris and good for a laugh - I will give you that.</HTML>

August 19, 2004 12:27PM
<HTML>I think your right?

I'm starting to feel a little un-welcome here lately....maybee I should go for good?

How about....let's all put it to a vote?

Majority rules....right?

Place your vote NOW !

?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
ColesCountyAutoDetailing.com
August 19, 2004 01:21PM
<HTML>I'll be the first to say don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. What's sad Chris is that if you actually offered something other than nonsense you could really gain something from the forum other than some sick desire to stir up crap with everyone. Have a nice life.</HTML>

August 19, 2004 01:31PM
<HTML>Scoooty...yeah I figured that would be your vote....was'nt positive,but thought well maybe he don't like me so much lately....no big surprise!

Any other voters?

Majority wins....I go....by what ever you guys want !

Any supporters out their willing to stick their neck out for me?

I know i'm not politically correct....anybody want me to stay?

Vote now!</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
August 19, 2004 01:35PM
<HTML>since its a stay or go vote

GO !

You start more trouble than anything else, I will admit somtimes its amusing but a waste of time.</HTML>
August 19, 2004 01:39PM
<HTML>OKAY.....fair enough....i'm funny,but not funny enough to stay.

So.....

Thats 2 votes to GO

and....1 vote STAY(if you count my vote)

Any others?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
August 19, 2004 01:41PM
<HTML>I vote GO! 2/0</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
August 19, 2004 01:44PM
<HTML>you mean?....3 GO to 1 STAY

any other voters?

?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
August 19, 2004 01:44PM
<HTML>Can I vote again and make it, go-- 3/0--stay ?</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
August 19, 2004 01:47PM
<HTML>SORRY only one vote per ATTACKER!

Any supporters out there?

?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
August 19, 2004 01:48PM
<HTML>at what # to 1 will you feel the votes have been counted ?

as it stands now

3 say go and only you have voted stay</HTML>
August 19, 2004 01:55PM
<HTML>ok.....fair enough

3 GO to 0 stay.....

Any other attackers OR supporters out there want to vote on this?

Majority VOTE wins....I GO or STAY!</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
August 19, 2004 02:07PM
<HTML>Typical political problem....getting voters to the polls to vote.

Come on guys,if you want me to GO....you must cast your vote today!

Majority WINS....I go or stay?

IF you don't vote....I may stay forever!

Vote now!

I'd love to stay and monitor the elections this morning,but i'd better get back to work now...or brian might accuse me of being a slacker again....posting instead of working....but please,don't let that stop you other guys from posting your vote....it will only take a second of your precious detailing time away from your biz!

Check you later!

?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
let vote on this...is this fair!
August 19, 2004 04:17PM
<HTML>I personally DON'T think that's fair. THAT IS THE WEBMASTER DECISION. BE FAIR BUT FIRM BRIAN TALK TO HIM ONE ON ONE HE'S NOT THAT BAD REALLY CALL HIM BRIAN AND TALK THAT'S WHAT I DID WHEN I HAD MY PROBLEM WITH HIM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Brian Angelucci [mailto:brian@precision-online.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 1:36 AM
To: DSOLOMON@ec.rr.com; Det Tek Auto Detailing; Dennis Whitnall; rglinsky@roadwarriordetail.com; Phil Goode
Subject: banning Chris Gaines

Hi everyone,

By now I'm sure you're all disgusted with Chris Gaines' behavior on the forum. I know it's a free country and everyone is entitled to their opinions but his "opinions" are more like insults and irrelevant to detailing. Nowhere on the forum can I find or remember when he has made a contributory post which helped someone in need of detailing advice.

What we need to do in order to stop his "baby tactics" is contact Paul Pallock, the webmaster and ask for him to block Chris Gaines. Just an idea to pursue if you feel the same way I do regarding Chris.

Take care,

Brian Angelucci
Precision Auto & Marine

Visit us online: www.precision-online.com</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
Re: let vote on this...is this fair!
August 19, 2004 04:23PM
<HTML>What exactly is your point Chris? It is the webmaster's decision. However as you love to point out it's a free country and Brian or anyone else can contact the webmaster and request for him to remove you for being the nuisance you have become. Deal with it. Your little ploy backfired and no one is backing you and you are looking for an excuse to not live up to your promise to leave if voted off. To quote Jeef Probst of Survivor - Chris, you are the first person to be voted off the island.</HTML>

Re: let vote on this...is this fair!
August 19, 2004 04:37PM
<HTML>your right....it is the webmaster's choice.

but I beleive he's fair .... & I will abide by his wishes,its his forum....he makes the rules.

But to date,he's done nothing to stop my post...so I assume he's fine with it....i'm causing no harm here...just posting my opinions & debating them with others ....creating some interest in his website,which is a GOOD thing....its alll in fun,relax...you guys just take yourself way to serious relax....if he contacted me and told me to lay off...of course I would.

but I beleive i'm doing nothing wrong....relax!

?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
Re: let the voting continue
August 19, 2004 04:45PM
<HTML>BY ALL MEANS guys....let the voting continue....i'm still curious to know how everybody feels about this topic.....should I be free to CONTINUE post here?

is this still America?

GO or STAY!

Vote now!

God bless America....land of the FREE!

?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
August 19, 2004 04:56PM
<HTML>Nowhere on the forum can I find or remember when he has made a contributory post which helped someone in need of detailing advice.

Take care,

Brian Angelucci
Precision Auto & Marine

Thats a total lie, and only a personal opinion,and bad memory....I have contributed many ideas in the past year here & created lots of interest in this site & to this forum...some ideas not liked...others were liked....shall I post the replys they got from the many here....its ONLY when you disagree with the mainstream poular opinions...thats when you get attacked?

?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
August 19, 2004 05:01PM
<HTML>Chris, you have posted 19 of the posts on this thread. Many of those to no one in particular begging for responses. Go find something better to do with your time. No one is coming to your aid here. You must be a glutton for punishment.</HTML>

August 19, 2004 06:21PM
<HTML>Did'nt expect anybody would come to my rescue,but some have shown support behind the scences,out of public veiw....I know i'm a minority opinion,but thats still needed here....

... a few in the past have supported me....later to change their tune...after i disageed with them on a issue or two...go figure....

YOU have posted quite a few also(count them).your wasting your time just as much as the rest here...i'm just proving my point that you can't ignore me,its working ...you can't...

...if you did...

I might just go away! give it a try & see!

....plus the vote on me is incomplete so far....only 3 GO to 0 stay votes so far....far to few willing to vote(big shock)....just a few of you have complained & most here really don't care about this like you & a few others like you....get a life!

this is a joke,relax!

Don't worry i'm going on vacation soon....you'll get a break from me....maybee forever!

Vote now!

GO or STAY!</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
August 19, 2004 07:40PM
<HTML>My first meeting with CHRIS was not that nice either BUT AFTER TALKING TO HIM one on one I HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF HIM He is NO different from a lot of us hes a hard worker and to be honest that what we all want RIGHT

Stop looking at it from ONE SIDE call the man talk to him not at him Yeah he has some $$$$$$$ so what is not that what we all want beside the well fair of our FAMILY

Scott , Brian and the rest of the forum give him a call and LOOK AT IT FROM BOTH SIDES

Everbody has had a difference of opinion with someone on this forum at one time or another LADIES AND GENTLEMEN CALL HIM AND TALK TO HIM</HTML>

August 19, 2004 08:19PM
<HTML>Thanks for the public support bro!

The vote is now,lets see....

3 GO to 1 STAY

I'm slowly gaining...any other supporters?

God bless America!

?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
August 20, 2004 12:05AM
<HTML>You are voted off the island----GO!</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it all!
August 20, 2004 12:15AM
<HTML>Mr Gaines,

As you are asking, I'll cast my vote and say ‘Go’, And feel I should give you a reason-

Did it occur to you, that you are coming across as a complete tosser? If not, maybe you should read back over your threads, take a day off, and give yourself a good talking too. As it seems you can't or won't fit in, that would be my advice to you.

I'd like to say "don't take this personally", but I suppose there is no other way for you to take it. I haven't taken exception to you because of any political or moral stance, or because of your views on any particular detailing products or techniques... after all everyone is entitled to their opinions.

I have taken exception to you on purely personal grounds. Frankly you are presenting yourself as conceited, argumentative, immature, petty, and a know-it-all. This in it’s self isn’t enough to prompt a response from me, but I am getting sick of clicking onto threads which are full of arguments, of which you are at the centre. You have made no attempt to modify your behaviour, fit-in in any way, and you actually seem to enjoy this confrontation, and in my eyes, that is your worst crime because this isn't the place for it and it obviously isn't wanted.

This forum is about exchanging ideas; if you want an argument, go to a political forum, because you are getting in the way here.

If you have been attempting to get our attention and make an impact, you have done that. But you are too small a fish to dominate this pond.

The people on this forum are not hostile. This place is not unfriendly, but when you get to the point where you are asking people to vote for you to stay or go, you have to figure you have probably outstayed your welcome.

Now, what I have said may embarrass you... but by asking people to vote, you are actually attempting to drag the patrons of this forum into your petty squabbles. So you can’t say you didn’t ask for it. Maybe next time you will conduct your disagreements privately by e-mail, instead of grandstanding.
(Just don't e-mail me because I'm not interested and this is my last word on the subject)

God Bless the Queen!</HTML>
August 20, 2004 12:30AM
<HTML>I love the British! My grandfather used to call people "tossers" all the time.</HTML>

August 20, 2004 12:46AM
<HTML>Mr. Gaines has been removed from the Trusted Professional Detailer listing on Automotive International's website.

The reason is valiation of the Mission Statement that he accepted and promised to uphold.

Only professional's will be listed and the actions of Mr. Gaines on this site, his business ethics, his personal lack of manners towards recognized Trusted Professional Detailers, as well as members of the PTDA, have been such as to show a complete and utter disregard of all true professional detailers.

Ketch</HTML>

August 20, 2004 12:48AM
<HTML>Excuse me, please, in the second paragraph, I was not paying attention and placed the world "validation", when the correct word is "violation" of the Mission Statement.

Please accept my apologies.

ketch</HTML>

August 20, 2004 01:29AM
<HTML>That's a breath of fresh air Ron.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
<b>Re:  webmaster:- New forum software</b>
August 20, 2004 03:44AM
<HTML>All:

Sorry it has taken a while to respond to this post:

>> Author: Jim Hammill 
>> Date:   08-15-04 22:16

>> Webmaster.

>> Isnt it about time we got some new forum software ?

>> This forum compared to others out there now is woefully lacking in any features, and is looking rather dated. Thats not the big issue though.

>> vbulletin forum software has this handy little feature called "ignore user", now that would, in the current climate around here, be a very desirable feature.

I've actually been considering such a move. You are correct; there is other forum software packages that do offer some interesting features.

Here are the issues:
The other software packages cost $$$, and Phorum (our current solution) is free. It's not a huge disadvantage tho.
With whatever other solution I go with, everyone will have to re-register. I've been through this B4, when I switched over to the current Phorum system. I recall the change went well with minimal complaints and people liked the move as they appreciated the new capabilities. FWIW, the original message board was quite crude.
What is significant is the fact that we may lose the nice database of info that has been accumulated in the last few years. I get a lot of feedback from people who do searches of past topics and they like what they find. It may be possible to still have access to the info, but no promises.

I have some large car enthusiast projects coming online, probably next year. They will feature message boards and that might be a good time to make the change.

No Surrender,

Paul Pollock
WebCars! Webmaster
<a href="[web-cars.com">http];
<b>Re:  webmaster:- New forum software</b>
August 20, 2004 03:49AM
<HTML>>> Author: Dan loves tea 
>> Date:   08-16-04 08:59

>> I have to re-login EVERy damn time i want to post. This thing just won't remember my login on either of my computers, or on Explorer or Opra.

That shouldn't happen. Do you have cookies or javascript disabled on your browser? That could be your problem. What browser do you use?

In the past, deleting an account (which will allow you to re-register) solved the problem. Let me know (<a href="mailto:paul@web-cars.com">paul@web-cars.com</a>) if you would like to give that a try.

regards,

Paul Pollock
WebCars Webmaster</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login