Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How dealers take advantage of people

Posted by Rod W. 
How dealers take advantage of people
August 31, 2004 03:54AM
<HTML>If you were trying to educate your clientele about what they should watch out for when turning in a leased vehicle or trading in a used car at a dealer, what would be the one thing you would want them most to be warned about and what should they do to prevent it?</HTML>

Shine On!

Rod Wesley
Touch Up 'N' Go!
Auto &amp; Marine Appearance Center
We take your car from Rough to Buff!
Visit our website at: www.touchupngo.com
Re: How dealers take advantage of people
August 31, 2004 04:40AM
<HTML>Rod, if you got to [www.gmacfs.com], there is a kit you can download that the FS guys at the dealership <i>should</i> be using when the vehicle is traded. If you click on the Excess Wear Square Link (pdf needed) you can use the printable square to measure faults in the paint or damage to the upholstry. Keep in mind that they do allow for some damage to the vehicle, some cigarette burns are allowed within a certain size , same with scratches and dents in the paint.

The thing to keep in mind with lease vehcile and dealers is that lease turn ins are not that profitable for dealers, in fact the lease business isnt that profitable for them period. So even though the car may look like it has been restored, the market conditions actually affect the vehcile price as much as anything else.

Jim Hammill.</HTML>
August 31, 2004 10:50AM
<HTML>One of my dealers does this: lease return is brought to dealership for check in. Salesperson checks over car and tells customer that there is excessive damage (dents in particular) and tells them that the Manufacturer will charge them an arm and a leg if they don't fix it. They then tell the customer that they can "help them out" by bringing in a guy who can pop the dents for a lot less than repainting the panels. Salesman has my partner in dent business pop dents at wholsale price and then charges customer $300+ in CASH and sticks it in his pocket. Thievery I tell you.</HTML>

August 31, 2004 03:54PM
<HTML>I dunno what it's like in America Scott, but over here the lease companies will charge you an arm and a leg for excessive wear and tear like dents.
$300 doesn't sound like too much of a problem to me.

The lease return companies charge lots and it's them who can be accused of daylight robbery.</HTML>
August 31, 2004 06:24PM
<HTML>Jim Hammill :

Thanks for the GMAC link.</HTML>

Auto Appearances Inc , Raleigh NC (919) 812-4759
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login