Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

asphalt

Posted by ben smith 
asphalt
September 18, 2004 04:27AM
<HTML>

I had a customer who has a early 90's toyota 4runner. He was driving home one day and ran over fresh asphalt. Needless to say it got all over his car. In the wheelwells it was a quarter inch thick. I used laquer thinner in a spray bottle and let it dwell then rinsed. I did this process 10! times on each well. When I was done it was better but not perfect. What do you do when the road tar is that thick? Other question is how do I become a i-car instructor in detailing?</HTML>
Re: asphalt
September 18, 2004 04:37AM
<HTML>How about 3M product called Adhesive-tar remover. Comes in a red and white quart can for about 10 bucks. I bought a can at NAPA the other day so you should be able to buy it there as well as a paint store.</HTML>
September 18, 2004 02:12PM
<HTML>When you have deposits that thick, plain old keosene will do most of the work.

The lacquer thinner evaporates too quickly, doesn't have time to break the asphalt down.

Plus, the use of lacquer thinners, high flash solvents used as paint reducers, may create damage, that will not be seen for a few weeks or months.

Just spray the keosene on, let it set until you see the asphalt start to "drip" down, respray, and with and on brush, agitate the wheel well area.

As far as the paint areas, you would need to use a different procedure, but the keosense works well and safely on paint finishes.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it all!
September 18, 2004 07:57PM
<HTML>Ben:

What is your email address the one on the forum does not go thru to you.

Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
Re: Who's fault?
September 18, 2004 09:55PM
<HTML>Sorry, I couldn't help itsmiling smiley

Good info, Grumpy..., and very cost efficeint!!</HTML>

&quot;The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.&quot;

www.waynestowels.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login