Spray Clay

Posted by Dan 
Dan
Spray Clay
September 22, 2004 04:39AM
<HTML>What is it and does it work better than standard Clay?</HTML>
Re: Spray Clay
September 22, 2004 03:40PM
<HTML>I think the original intent was for glass. It does work great on glass, but if you are referring to Diamonite's line I found the other products to be less than desired.</HTML>

David
September 22, 2004 03:42PM
<HTML>I meant to post the website.

[www.diamondite.com]

I found the Shield to leave a bad film with not much benefit and the glass cleaner wasn't anything special.

The Spray Clay did however remove some troublesome water spots pretty easily.</HTML>

David
September 24, 2004 02:53AM
<HTML>Bought some today from Duragloss...will post the results we have when used 17.95 for a large can and a cone type sponge like you remove bugs with...they remind me of bee's everytime I use one!!!!!</HTML>
September 24, 2004 05:22AM
<HTML>The spray clay is both a waste of time and money.

It is a "enthusiast" product, one for the guy or gal who wants to spend the extra money and time detailing their car.

I tested the spray clay against the tried and true clay bar and the clay bar won hands down on ease, quickness and job quality.

The clay spray for the glass is the same product for paint just rebadged so the enthusiast believes they are 2 different products. As already noted the glass cleaner is no good and you can clay bar your glass faster and better than the whip creme style spray will ever do.

Anthony</HTML>

Details, Details, Details....It's all in the details!
www.UltimateReflections.NET
Dan
September 25, 2004 12:10AM
<HTML>Thanks guys, I will take your word for it and not look into it.</HTML>
September 25, 2004 01:57AM
<HTML> I agree with Anthony on the point it want replace clay but ,I used the spray clay and the applicater today on a 02 Lincoln..and its not as quick as a claybar but was great to rub down for a good buff job...The ingrediants left the same residue as the claybars I use so, I think its basically the same thing that makes the clay work...now second test was the foam then the claybar"I use Erazer when a claybar is needed"and it was a lot quicker on tough sapp and tar.... which this dealer car was covered in than useing soap@ water or the quick detailer...and the gloss after a quick polishing with just a porter cable was stunning..so my opinion is it has a place in our war chest if used to its specs"This foam is more than likely just like the grades of claybars ...the good.. the bad...and the ugly!ha ha ha</HTML>
September 25, 2004 02:01AM
<HTML>I soaked the cone applicater for 5 minutes as instructed...and in my opinion this foam didnt scare the surface as much as the claybar does under intense scrutiny!!!</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login