Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

spilt milk!!!

Posted by gaz 
gaz
spilt milk!!!
September 25, 2004 04:59PM
<HTML>This time of year I get a few cars coming in with the smell of spilt milk, The cleaning results are normally good but this job is a bad one the milk is all the way through the foam seatng and using my syringe to get at the milk is not working, any ideas?

.</HTML>

edinburgh car clinic
www.smartrepairs.me.uk
78, Leyland Princess 2.2 HLS owner.
Re: spilt milk!!!
September 25, 2004 05:03PM
<HTML>Give me a call Monday, I'll send you a sample of Odor Terminator.

Just spray it on the affected area after cleaning, get it slightly damp, and the bacteria that are producing the odor will die, "good bye" odor, and no phoney "coverup" smell.

800-543-7156, after 9 AM EST.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it all!
September 26, 2004 01:37AM
<HTML>try an enzyme based cleaner let work in for a while then lay on that babywith a towel then extract and repeat if needed.</HTML>
gaz
September 26, 2004 07:45PM
<HTML>thanks for the info, call you Monday, but for anyone reading this, I understand that the milk is about 2 pints and is soaked all the way through the 5-6 inches of foam will the spray to be used reach all of the effected foam area killing the bacteria and if so how, how much solution would you normally have need to use on this size of spillage.</HTML>

edinburgh car clinic
www.smartrepairs.me.uk
78, Leyland Princess 2.2 HLS owner.
September 27, 2004 12:30AM
<HTML>The product I am referring to is not an enzyme, but the same product we provide to GM, Ford and DCX for plant odor control.

It is not toxic, it is not carcenigenic, it has no real odor, it does not go bad, on the shelf, like the enzyme's, it simply makes the bacteria not "feed" on the proteins, or "food source" of the milk.

If bacteria will not "eat", will not "feed", they die off in a short time.

There is no "magic" to this, it is the base of chemistry of a much weaker product, with a fragrance, you may buy at the grocery store, Freebrez.

We have been providing this product to the vehicle manufacturers for several years.

The product passes all toxology and health tests, since it is so safe, you may actually "drink" it with out harm to your body, your health.

Unlike many other products, it is truly "safe".

It "must make contact" with the bacteria.

In simple terms, it is not a "fragrance-cover-up", so if it does not work, it means that the applicator of the product did not "mist it directly on the affected area", they treated it like a "cover up fragrance".

It does the same as "ozone", with out the damaging "oxidizing" issues.

Will send out a 4 oz sample, (should be enough for what you are dealing with) to you as soon as I hear from you.

Ketch</HTML>

September 27, 2004 09:44PM
<HTML>To sucessfully remove the odor and milk from the seat you will need to remove the seat from the vehicle and seat covers from the seat. Treat area with appropriate enzyme and continiously flush seat thru with water until clean and dry out same with seat covers.

Then check carpeting and underpadding, some of these new carpets have thick sponges affixed to carpeting. You may have to re-do th this several times until odor is eliminated

Last week I did same with a less than a pint of milk.. despite all enzyme treatments found a nest of live white maggots growing under one are of carpet.</HTML>
September 29, 2004 01:29AM
<HTML>I have played around with enzymes, and found a couple of issues with them.

One, they have a short shelf life.

Two, the product must be "saturated" into the fibers, and the normal chemical composistion of most butyl based, TSP, etc cleaners kill off the enzymes, or weaken them, reducing the effectivness of them.

Versus a "protein alterer" product, such as the Odor Terminator, which is much easier to use, has a minimum of a two year shelf life and is "non-toxic", non-allergenic and permeates into the fibers, other than when the "food" source for the bacteria gets down into the "matting".

In that case, the product works great, but a different, more involved, process is required.

Ketch</HTML>

September 29, 2004 06:27AM
<HTML>I used Odor Terminator the other day and will vouch that it works and has no odor whatsoever. Had to use it to get some wet dog smell out of the carpeting.

Maggots? Gross. How did a fly get under the carpeting?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
September 29, 2004 01:54PM
<HTML>I also use Odor Terminator in my arsenal of cleaning products....but when dealing with milk it is a different issue... you need to clean every drop ...find the source or it will continue to stink!! and as much as I love Odor Terminator I also have to use other products.

The test is when I can put my nose in the area and not smell anything...then I am sure I have sucessfully removed the odor.

Flys...willl find there way to any decomposing matter. The worst milk removal I had to do was on a S500 Mercedes Benz Brand New .. a gallon of milk spilled into the rear trunk compartment and found its way into the body cavity of the vehicle and curdled like cheese... flys had invaded it...it was so bad ..dead people would run away from the malodor....we had to drain the gas tank remove it from the vehicle and strip out all the rear passenger compartment. use a borascope to trace the milk spill, flush and remove the milk from the inner cavity of the vehicle without using products that were corrosive and the clean all the dense sponges in the seating and fittings that had filtered the malodor. It took about 3 weeks to eliminate the odor completely</HTML>
September 29, 2004 02:08PM
<HTML>Try getting the blood of a field dressed moose, that was shot and quartered in Canada, when it was 10 below, then thrown in a Neon and driven for 3 hours back to Toronto.

The dealer fought it for weeks, emzynes, disinfectants, even replaced parts.

We had them pull everything back out, clean, with a 10% addition of the OT in the Omni All Purpose, then mist the floor boards, inside the doors, cavatities, tops and bottoms of the padding, carpet, seat covers, foam, etc.

Every crevise, every cavatity, etc, trunk, head liner, misted.

In two hours, the odor was gone.

They now know that the source of the odor are bacteria that feed on the protiens, etc of the organic source.

Elimenate the ability of the bacteria to feed, and the odor goes away.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it at all!
Dan
September 29, 2004 10:44PM
<HTML>Ketch is soooo cool!!!</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login