Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Cement Splatter

Posted by Brian Angelucci 
Cement Splatter
September 26, 2004 12:33AM
<HTML>Hey all,

Had a customer car today which had cement splatter all inside the wheel well and a nice chunk on the inner rocker panel. I scraped as much as I could but some bits remianed.

The wheel well bits basically fell off when I flexed the plastic wheel well. But I'm mostly concerend about the paint. Customer was happy with the detail and understood about the cement but I want to impress them and take care of it for them later this week.

I read about Muratic acid but hear some horror stories to the paint with this. The wheel wells are fine -- after breaking off and cleaning I sprayed the wells with black bumper paint -- looks new now.

Cement is a calcium and calcium responds well to HF/HC acid so I was thinking about using that in an eye dropper to let it dissolve.

Anyone have luck with the muratic?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Re: Cement Splatter
September 26, 2004 01:34AM
<HTML>brian try white vineger let sit then hit with plastic razor blade then course clay i just did one today,alot of work.</HTML>
September 29, 2004 06:36AM
<HTML>Yeah, I think I would something a bit stronger than vinegar. This is a real mess -- chunked up and all. Hear clay is a big no-no only because small bits of cement will dislodge and stick inside the clay acting like sandpaper.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Dan
September 29, 2004 01:56PM
<HTML>Brian, I have used muriatic acid with really good results. Wear gloves, pour the acid on a rag, dont be alarmed when the towel starts to steam, keep your carwashing bucket handy to nuetralize the acid, wipe the towel around on a panel, it wont take long, then get your wash mitt with PH7 carwashing solution to nuetralize the acid.

I wouldnt clay the finish. Sounds like you did a great job on the wheel wells!</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login