Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anyone Use Big Steam Cleaners?

Posted by Steve Bough 
Anyone Use Big Steam Cleaners?
October 02, 2004 07:35PM
<HTML>Man...I'm just itchin' to buy one of the big steam cleaners advertised by Damier and/or Steam Jet. Problem is, having never used or seen one in use, I don't know if they work as well as the manufacturer's say.

I'm kind of a sucker for equipment and have bought a few things that looked good "on paper" but were from disappointing to useless in real life. I can live with blowing a hundred bucks here and there but $5000-7000 would make me feel real bad for a long time!

The reason I'm thinking about one of these machines is for the time saving they claim to offer. Both claim to be able to clean the exterior of an average size car with about a pint of water. I suppose there would be some minimal savings in chemicals (degreasers, bug gunk, etc).

Anyway, if you use one, or know someone who does, I'd like to know if they're as good as they're cracked up to be.
.</HTML>

Re: Anyone Use Big Steam Cleaners?
October 02, 2004 08:47PM
<HTML>Steve, we use a 3.0 gal/min at 4000# max pressure which is adjustable. I keep it at 2000# max which lets the water come out of the nozzle at 210 degs. The unit came from Northern Tool.com. I can vouch for this unit,as it will clean any and all things. If you want higher pressure for working on Heavy equipment,just kick it in gear adj the regulator to 4000#'s and watch it cut. This thing burns Kero/Diesel Fuels. I worked on a big road rig last weekend,and looked like new monie when I got done. As I was finishing up my buddie that ownes the equipment came by the shop with his neew play toy,which was a muddied up Hi Drive cat d-10 dozer. i gave him a hand with cleaning the whole unit and I did the most of it ,until he had to finish up on the last 15 minutes. Bottom line, the Northern Hot water Hi Pressure washers can't be beat for the monies invested. When you buy be sure to check out the specifics of which motor,pump,burner,and burner managment system the unit has. Remember the Vanguard Engine that Briggs-Stratton produces to me is 1st American Made,and it equal to if not better than the Honda. I know this would be an argument point with some folks,but we have had very good luck with Vanguard. Be sure you get their twin cyclinder motor.</HTML>
October 02, 2004 10:18PM
<HTML>These units were promoted by a two different Korean companies the last couple of year. They were unsuccessful.

I had one contact us about selling their machine thru our DETAIL PLUS network. However, they were unrealistic in their prices to my company and then to the end user.

You can purchase direct from Italy or Korea for a lot less than $7,000 but I do not think they work as well as they say.

At this point there is no magic way to wash a car other than with a pressure washer; mitt, etc. Certainly not worth $7,000.

Just my thoughts.

Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS</HTML>

buda
October 03, 2004 03:35PM
<HTML>Steve, I forgot to mention that the above Hot Water Pressure washer sell for under $4,000.00,and you get the shipping thrown in to boot!......Brandy</HTML>
October 05, 2004 02:54AM
<HTML>I have had 2 of the Northern Tool North Star..2000psi cold hot/steam electric.... one was crap,the next one has been great for over 2 years...on sale sometimes for 2295.00 regular 2699.00 These machines have to be maintained to give good service...The gas version has less problem in the long run I'm told but we work inside so electric here!</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login