Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Terry cloth scratches...

Posted by Toddco Bodywerkes 
Terry cloth scratches...
December 31, 2001 05:57AM
I have been receiving many e-mails from people that have been saying that their vehicles paint is scratched. They state that they have micro scratches on the top portions of their vehicles mainly the hood & trunk area.

This is due to the different terry cloths that are on the market. All terry cloth is not the same due to the different fiber content & also the fiber count. People also dry their towels in the dryers that have contained the dryer sheets that contain the microfibers weaves that get contaminated into the vehicles cleaning towels.

This has never been an issue to us due to that we use diapers to apply polishes, waxes, glazes along with the removal of each of the above items mentioned. No micro scratches have ever been an issue to mentioned unless something ever got lodged into our wash mits.

A lot of scratches have been caused to this issue of grit being swooped into the wash bucket & brought back onto the vehicles finish. Prior to cleaning any vehicles, we only use the suds for the cleaning process & leave the water to a mininum.
Re: Terry cloth scratches...
January 02, 2002 05:01PM
I use a leaf blower to dry my cars ... a habit many in the neighborhood have picked up. It works well to remove water from areas which will "drip" down on the polished finish. Something I find anoying.
d

DOBowden
All my drying is done with the Absorber. Forced air will only push the grit and dirt deeper into the areas that cause dripping only to create more problems later, not to mention the scratching that this will cause. Try using a fan or circulating air, you'll be better with this method.
January 02, 2002 08:45PM
i have a bunch of pinebark and mulch in the flowebed and i am afraid it will blow up onto the paint and i will have to rinse all over again.
Jay
January 05, 2002 04:10AM
I use the "California Water Blade" Nice and soft squeegee like tool. Doesn't scratch or leave spots Being that my car is black, YOU SEE EVERYTHING. But you guys who have black cars know, nothing beats them when they are clean.
I gave my California Water Blade to my wife to use on the windows in our house. Sorry but I just don't like them for my paint. I also have a black car. I'll stick with the Absorber.
Dan
January 05, 2002 07:59AM
I think the absorber plain sucks, I use a wizards synthetic chamois. It is softer and holds more water.
Jay
January 06, 2002 12:25AM
Those synthetic chamois leave spots on the car. I don't care how many times you squeeze it out. It does a sloppy job. I like the California water blade. Doesn't scratch, drys it spot free.
We have been using the Absorber for over ten years & haven't had any problems that you have stated above. As for the water blade, we had a challange to see how many pieces that we could cut it up in. If any debris gets on the surface prior to using the water blade, you will only leave a scratch behind in the same pattern that you made the blade remove the water in.
January 06, 2002 03:32PM
I was turned onto the Absorber by my friend Todd of Toddco Bodywerkes and have been very pleased with the end result. As for the blade not impressed nor like it.. As for using the leaf blower MAKE SURE YOU DON'T OVER LOAD IT WITH THE OIL MIXTURE OR YOU'LL BE FACED WITH ANOTHER PROBLEM AND YOU'll WISH YOU NEVER DID IT. I recommend staying with the Absorber. Used it 100's of time since being recommended by Todd. It's the only way I'll go. I dont' have the time to do job two and three times over.
Good Luck,
Todd "Picasso" Brenniser
Picasso's Auto Imagery
January 06, 2002 04:21PM
i use the watersprite + by sm arnold. it is like the absorber, but thinner. it has always done a good job for me. like the absorber, it seems to last forever too.
Dan
January 07, 2002 07:05AM
I heard the water sprites are the best. Gotta try one, Im not going to be one of those guys that will use something for years and look no further, you know?LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login