Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Really Dumb Question

Posted by Gary Kimbler 
Really Dumb Question
October 13, 2004 12:32AM
<HTML>I detailed an 88 Porsche 928 today. I guess I left the doors open too long because the battey is dead. The problem is I can't find it. It's not under the hood. Anyone know where it is located ???????????</HTML>
Re: Really Dumb Question
October 13, 2004 02:06AM
<HTML>Gary,

Maybe the battery is in the hatch? (for weight distribution)?

The battery in my wife's GTP is located under the washer fluid tank, which is underneath at strut tower brace, which means you have to take all that crap off the work on/remove it.

Check a Porschephile website...???

Good luck,
mike R</HTML>

-Get that great new car feeling!-
October 13, 2004 04:20AM
<HTML>under the rear seat</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
October 13, 2004 04:44AM
<HTML>You got it, Joe! But, check with a Porsche dealer first before you go pulling the rear seat out. I know on some MB's & BMW's, the batteries are located in the trunk, but there's a "jump connector box" under the hood where you connect jumper cables in order to start the car.

Also, if you're mobile, it's a good idea to carry a portable jump box with you for these situations. You can pick them up at Sam's or Costco for under $30.</HTML>

Shine On!

Rod Wesley
Touch Up 'N' Go!
Auto &amp; Marine Appearance Center
We take your car from Rough to Buff!
Visit our website at: www.touchupngo.com
October 13, 2004 12:55PM
<HTML>Well, would you believe in the rear hatch, underneath the spare tire !!
I called a dealer and he told me that it was opposite the spare tire. I knew this wasn't right because I knew that the fuel tank was there. I looked underneath the vehicle an there was a retangular box there plain as day directly below the spare tire. Thanks to all for your help !!!</HTML>
October 13, 2004 01:31PM
<HTML>Alright Gary!

You found it! Have to remember that for the future. Do lots of rear-engine Porsches (where the battery's in the front). Haven't been luck enough to do a front-engine Porsche yet.

Like Rod said, the jump boxes are a great investment.

Regards,

Mike R</HTML>

-Get that great new car feeling!-
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login