Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tree Sap!!

Posted by Sophon 
Tree Sap!!
May 04, 2002 09:44PM
whats the best way to get rid of tree sap without damageing the paint??
Re: Tree Sap!!
May 05, 2002 04:03AM
Simply spray on some WD-40 & let soak for a couple of minutes & follow up if not remove prior the first application.

Following your removal, polish & wax the affected panel or panels. Good Luck.
May 09, 2002 02:45AM
I use Methyl Hydrate on a soft terry towel and it dissolves it right away...a word of caution while applying it don't let your opposite hand rest on the area you just worked on you may end up with a permanant stain in the paint, other than that is is extremly effective
Dan
May 09, 2002 02:55AM
on hardened sap you wont get it off with wd-40, but on soft sap it works fine. For the hard stuff, I would recomend a safe solvent such as goof off from home depot. The surface your cleaning will have to be polished and waxed afterward and a possible light machine polishing on a non clear coat. Good luck
July 16, 2002 10:53PM
Goo Gone works, and it is safe
July 17, 2002 02:03PM
I made the mistake of parking under a dog wood tree. While I was cleaning the inside, I thought it was raining! Well, I got all done, went to the movies. When I got home I was going to wash it. I figured out what it was! I had some old bottles of Amway bug and tar remover, comes in an aresol can. I sprayed the entire car and just washed it. All gone!
July 19, 2002 03:48AM
Try Car Brite Sap remover, works great!!! And yes folks Car Brite has dealers in the good ol US os A smiling smiley

Roy R. Kieken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login