Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Help??-polished wrong thing

Posted by Sue 
Sue
Help??-polished wrong thing
October 21, 2004 12:03PM
<HTML>I bought my dream car in February to pull my RV. I have kept it clean and have had it detailed several times. BUT.........decided to save money and do it myself................wrong.............

It is a 2004, Suburban, 3/4 ton, dark gray metallic that will pull my RV.

I used Mother's paste wax, but I put a coat of wax on the black plastic trim along the side of the vehicle, bumper and the trim around the wheel well.

I can not get it off and it looks terrible........white streaks and a white cloudy look..........................

What can I do to get this off and the black color back? I have asked questions of everyone I know here, small town, just shake their head and shrug shoulders.

Even the detailing shops had no answer.

Thought I would go to the experts for help............so what do I do now?

Sue</HTML>
Re: Help??-polished wrong thing
October 21, 2004 02:01PM
<HTML>Sue,
1st. get some mineral spirits and a small soft brissell palm brush or soft brissell brush about 2x3 or 3x4 in lenght.

2nd. clean the side moldings off with the M.S. and brush.

3rd wash and dry the entire vehicle,and put some good quality vynal molding protectant on the brush and work this into the moldings.

4th. then re wax the vehicle or at least above and below where any of the mineral spirits could have gottem on to the painted surfaces.

5th in the future before applying wax or sealant which is better any way,and gives longer protection from the elements, put the molding protectant on, then after removing the sealant/wax from the painted surface, go over the moldings one more time, thus ensuring there won't be any sealant/wax products on them to dry and leave a white film....Brandy

P.S. you can get some good protectant from Bud Abraham DetailPlus,and Ron Ketchum Auto International, Cinncinnati,Ohio...Best of the Best.</HTML>
Sue
October 21, 2004 02:17PM
<HTML>Thank you Eric for your speedy reply. You have no idea how sick I have been since this happened......I know it is just a car but the first NEW one I have had and I am pretty old.........laughing

I live in my RV full time and so my vehicle is traveling most of the time and never under cover and I want to do the best I possibly can to protect the finish, inside and out. Goofed right off the bat, durn it!

I will do as you say, but I am not sure what you mean by products from the people in Cincinnati, I just passed through there a week ago coming from Toledo, but do I look them up on the web for the products?

Sort of a newby where this is concerned, polishes, waxes etc.

From what I believe you said polish is better than wax.......or am I confused?

Sue</HTML>
October 21, 2004 02:25PM
<HTML>Automotive International is the company, products are ValuGard.

We have a kit that permanently fixes the trim problem.

Our Tech Center is located at 11308 Tamarco Drive, Blue Ash, Ohio (north Cincy), phone is 800-543-7156.

Call ahead, we will attempt to aid you.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it at all!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login