Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

melissa g

Posted by oli 
oli
melissa g
November 02, 2004 11:19PM
<HTML>"Oli email me your address and I'll send you a 4 ounce bottle and a sample of there sealant...there gloss enhancer dosnt look or smell like the quick detailers you buy at the store...and I have tried Malco's quick detailer with the product and didnt get the gloss that the Erazer gave with there sealant ...so there may be a differance..you can see for yourself and then decide"
I didn't get your samples yet. Just wondering if you forgot?</HTML>
Re: melissa g
November 02, 2004 11:42PM
<HTML>I never got your email,More than likely went to my wifes work computer ....my email is willienme@northstate.net... not the savdcrakpot ...Sorry !</HTML>
oli
November 03, 2004 04:08PM
<HTML>That's exactly what happened.
Thanks, in advance.</HTML>
November 07, 2004 03:29AM
<HTML>"Doesn't smell" like etc, etc!!

Come on, any decent chemist can add a fragrance to most products, or a dye, and turn it to the marketing guys, which will then create a "hype" expectancy of the targeted user market.

We do it all the time, in our plant.

A "marketing" company comes to us and asks for a product, we pull up a formula, then they tell us what color, what fragance/smell they want to use and we make it.

The product is not one bit difference in actual performance values, just it has the "sensory" marketing values they want to use.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it all!
November 07, 2004 01:57PM
<HTML>Grumpy ...could the quick detailers have more active ingrediants than others...I have used some that seemed to be water downed in strength than the Super Source Activator...and will this have an effect on how much gloss is achieved...your thoughts on this as far as gloss enhancers and activators go!</HTML>
November 08, 2004 02:02AM
<HTML>The CAS#'s or MSDS should provide an indication of what they are using.

Many are little more than a percentage of dimetal silicone, emulsified into a water/alcohol mixture.

Some of the better ones use polydimethalsiloxane's in the mixture, lasts a bit longer.

Ketch</HTML>

November 08, 2004 11:14PM
<HTML>Thanks.....it amazes me alcohol would be in such a product ...need to get me a set of good reading glasses from this moment on!!!</HTML>
November 09, 2004 02:22AM
<HTML>Some company's use IPA to reduce foaming of a product, others use it as a "cleaning" agent.

Want to see how good it is to clean a "non-clear" paint job that is oxidized?

Take a towel, wet it with IPA and hold it for a few seconds on a "non-clear" painted surface that is "oxidized", then wipe it and look at the cloth.

Most of the time, you will see the oxidized paint come off on the towel, not all of it, but enough to get my point.

A "Malco" none clear, that has a couple of years on it will show this easily.

Ketch</HTML>

November 09, 2004 02:24AM
<HTML>Sorry, Melissa,

I meant to type "Macco", cheap paint job.

Plus, now that I had to come back to the thread, IPA, is a "drying" agent, as well as a "solvent", so it has many purposes in a formulation.

Ketch</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login