DETAILING EXTRACTORS
January 03, 2005 03:12PM
<HTML>What is the criteria that you all use when selecting an extractor:

a. Cost
b. Size of tank
c. Type and wattage of heater
d. PSI of pump
e. Size of vacuum motor

If you could expand on your reasons in each catagory I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you.

Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
Re: DETAILING EXTRACTORS
January 03, 2005 08:25PM
<HTML>i bought my mytee from our local ecp distributor ,i think its a industrial model that is build for ecp by mytee great unit.anyway the reason i bought it locally is because when it breaks they give me a loaner until its fixed and i dont have to mess with it myself or wait for parts to come in.this thing is about four yrs old and is run constantly 6 to 10 hrs a day and ive had very few problems.i did shop and compare extractors apples to apples as well as i could defore i purchased this unit was 1100 bucks no shipping cost .</HTML>
January 04, 2005 02:33AM
<HTML>I bought a name brand that was the biggest most powerful I could run I my generator.</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
January 04, 2005 06:38AM
<HTML>Joe:

Can you provide anymore detail than that?

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
January 05, 2005 04:12PM
<HTML>Hi Bud and Happy New Year. I will break it down in the steps you requested.

Price: I always have been a firm believer that I get what I pay for. I've unfortunately learned this the hard way.

Size of Tank: This didn't really play a big part in my decision because I only do up to two vehicles a day. But, I definitly considered overall size because of the occasional mobile job I do.

Type and Wattage of Heater:
This was important because the hotter the water, the better results. I also considered the one cord vs. two cord units. I find it alot easier with one cord vs. two. I also opted for a two line heater because if one were to need replacement, I would still have one as a back up.

PSI of Pump: Not a big facter for me because I figured as long as the unit didn't shoot gallons of water out in seconds, I could get the job done properly. I also didn't want to be saturating the areas to much either.

Size of Vacuum Motor: This probably was the most important thing I looked at. I wanted a three stage compared to a two just because of the added power and capacity to lift. I also believe that the larger the motor, the longer the life I could expect.

By the way, the Python I purchased has been an excellent machine and the customer service outstanding.

Mark</HTML>
January 05, 2005 06:13PM
<HTML>Mark:

Thank you for your reply and information about the reasons you had for purchasing, in this case, our PYTHON Extractor.

Glad you like the machine and it is good to know you are getting the service you require from DETAIL PLUS. If you don't please do not hesitate to call or email me personally.

Regards
Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS</HTML>

buda
January 05, 2005 11:49PM
<HTML>I wanted something that heated up quickly, had a high rate of lift (or water lift,something like that)

A powerful vac motor and large tanks (fresh and waste)

I bought a mytee 1007 with an extra long hose for under $1500.</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
January 06, 2005 02:20AM
<HTML>I finally sold my extractor. Got almost what I paid for it.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
January 06, 2005 11:30AM
<HTML>i bought the mytee lite with a 3 gal. tank. i bought it mainly for its size and portability since I am mobile and also do lots of boat work as well. I could not imagine lugging a larger unit down a dock or better yet carrying one up a ladder to get to a 50 ft boat in dry dock. The only mistake I made was buying it from Detail King. I got absolutely no after sale service from them. Even though I had a problem that was covered under warranty I still had to pay out fo pocket to get it repaired. Next time I will stick with a local guy.</HTML>

Keith
Details on Demand Inc.
Mobile Auto and Boat Detailing
January 06, 2005 02:22PM
<HTML>THERMAX CP-12 Had it for 8 years no problem and comes with a limited lifetime warranty.</HTML>

WE DON'T USE THE &quot;F-WORD&quot; YA KNOW &quot;FREE&quot; A M.O.B BUSINESS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login