Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Red stain removal

Red stain removal
January 17, 2005 04:59PM
<HTML>What is the best way of removing red stains out of automotive carpeting and is there any good products to suggest?</HTML>
Re: Red stain removal
January 17, 2005 11:05PM
<HTML>Heat transfer</HTML>

WE DON'T USE THE &quot;F-WORD&quot; YA KNOW &quot;FREE&quot; A M.O.B BUSINESS
January 17, 2005 11:45PM
<HTML>Heat may do the trick.

We sometimes spray the area with a carpet cleaner, place a moist towel over the stain, then apply a hot (household) iron on the towel. This may draw the stain up, if it's fairly fresh. It depends on the type of stain you have. If it's Koolaid or something similar, it could be a real bugger to get out. Sometimes the stain isn't coming out no matter what you do. I've spent hours on carpet stains with different products and have learned that if it doesn't come out with a few tries, you may as well move on. You will never get paid enough for the hours spent on a #$%% stain!

I always state to our customers up front that not all stains can be removed, and I've never had a complaint yet when a stain doesn't come out.

Best regards,

Robert
www.americanautoshine.com</HTML>
January 18, 2005 12:20AM
<HTML>If the stain is red from tannins, ammonia should do the trick. Ammonia with the heat transfer may work. Depends on how long the stain had been set in as well.

I learned the ammonia from watching Alton Brown's cooking show. He pourd ammonia into a glass of red wine (tannins) and the red wine turned into white wine. Pretty amazing.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
January 18, 2005 01:28AM
<HTML>i bought red dye remover from top of the line it uses the heat transfer method,it hasnt failed me yet.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login