Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

MOBILE TECH EXPO

Posted by Superior Shine 
MOBILE TECH EXPO
January 27, 2005 10:49PM
<HTML>I had a great time. I am still in Fla. but I will post pics of the event when I return to Ca.

The expo it self wasn't a big deal (allot of PDR and paint touch up guys) but meeting the other detailers was!!

I met -

Paul, Frank, JC, Brian, Jim, Bud and numerous others. We are going to make sure that us auto detailers make a stronger presents at next years event with detailing specific classes and an auto detailing round table session.</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
Re: MOBILE TECH EXPO
January 28, 2005 12:47AM
<HTML>Joe and everyone else:

I spoke to Kevin Halewood (He is the Show Manager)
about having a detailer round table session next year.

He thinks that would be a great idea and told me to please make note it when filling out the expo comment form. Which you could of filled out at the expo or one will be mailed to you.

I was cleaning up the office today and found last years shedule. And I have to say that there was more business type classes last year then was this year.

I also told Kevin that he needs to change up classes or add more advanced one for the people that attend every year..

Darn cold in North Carolina this week. Highs in the mid 40's and lows well below freezing!!!!!</HTML>

Auto Appearances Inc , Raleigh NC (919) 812-4759
January 28, 2005 03:16AM
<HTML>Paul,

Are you saying that maybe I should do a "intense", "real" seminar?

One that is based upon, and with valid, documented information from the paint suppliers to the vehicle manufacturers, the vehicle manufacturers, themselves?

If that is what enough detailer wish to have, and are willing to open up their minds, to "real", and not just "easy ways", then I might be able to find the money in my budget to do so.

However, Paul, as you are aware, I "ain't easy".

LOL!!

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it all!
January 29, 2005 03:18AM
<HTML>Ron:

I think that would be a be great idea.

I just want to let you know that this show is small nothing like the big shows (So I was told by Scott Shineshop last year)

But that would be great idea, maybe you guys could have a booth there too?</HTML>

January 29, 2005 05:37PM
<HTML>Our problem, as a company, is the time of year.

Jan is when all the projects, programs, etc that were started in the pevious year are activated by the vehicle manufacturers.

Busy time for us, really busy.

But, if enough interest is shown, by detailers, I will attempt to figure out a way to do the show.

Just the 10 foot booth, not the monster booth.

The cost for doing a show correctly has to include another employee, if any booth traffic at all, plus have time for me to get out of it do meet with people, etc.

Would probably, rough cost, be around $4,000.00 total, minimum to do the show.

The end question is always, can I cost justify the expense?

We will see, I am not saying no, and not saying yes.

Ketch</HTML>

January 29, 2005 11:46PM
<HTML>Ron:

I understand.

Guess your best beat would to call Kevin the show manager and he could give you more details on the cost.

You know, I will do whatever it takes to help you out at the booth.

FYI: It is SNOWING in Raleigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Noone knows how much we will get. I have heard from a dusting to 3 inches!!!

Great it did not hit 35 degree all week last week.

Must be freezing in Cinncy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</HTML>

January 30, 2005 06:12AM
<HTML>Ron:

With all due respect, in order to do a seminar at the Mobile Tech Expo you do have to be asked.

Are you saying that the detailing seminars that are put on there are inadequate. How would you know, you have never attended the Expo nor any of the seminars.

Your comments are an insult and slight, to those companies who have "spent the money" to participate in the Expo and put on the seminars for the detailers.

I think it is arrogant and rude for you to infer that these seminars are not up to the proper standards. What right do you have to insult those who work hard to help detailers?

Stop making excuses why you can't participate and walk the walk, instead of continually talking the talk.

Regards
Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS</HTML>

buda
January 30, 2005 05:23PM
<HTML>Just sharing what those who have attended the last couple of years, shared with me in private emails, phone calls.

"Same old stuff", "I saw the same crap presented four years ago", etc, etc.

"Wonder if any of these people have ever read a factory bulletin", etc, etc.

Take it how ever you wish, Bud, you usually do, as long as it works for "YOU", that is.

Ketch</HTML>

January 31, 2005 12:20AM
<HTML>Ron:

Talk about the "same old stuff." Your criticisms are the same old stuff as far as I am concerned.

Any seminar that you have not been invited to participate in, is "no good."

You have been saying the same thing on all the forums for quite sometime now.

However, in spite of all your crticisms you have yet to participate in any of the seminars, or to conduct any of your own. Save, your training session at your factory.

I would like to know who these people are who email you privately and tell you the seminars are no good. I am always interested to know from attendees anything we can go to improve the seminars.

All those who talk with me after the seminars thank me and are appreciative that someone has come to their area to provide information.

If there are only a few that are not happy and do not take the time to bring that to the attention of the presentor or the association then that is their fault.

Nothing worse than one who criticizes and does nothing positive to change things.

Like I said, you have continually criticize anything you have not been a part of yet you do nothing positive. You do not ask to be a speaker nor do you or your company put on seminars, other than your own training session at your company.

And, by the way, I have had people tell me that your Prep Excellence Program is a carefully concealed pitch to sell your detailing chemicals.

As they say Ron, "if you don't vote you have no right to criticize elected officials."

Let me know if you would like to be a speaker at any of the ICA Detail Track Seminars? Of course, since you did not step forward for this year all the speakers have been chosen for this year's convention.

Let's keep it positive.

Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS</HTML>

buda
January 31, 2005 02:00PM
<HTML>Paul, we were invited for the past 4 years, but as stated, due to the time of year, it does not work.

I will not share with you here those who talked with me, that would be violation of privacy, as the comments were made in private, and am not about to make them targets for you or Bud.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it at all!
January 31, 2005 02:04PM
<HTML>Bud, we have been invited, and as stated, the time of the Expo is a conflict for us.

As far as the mentioned of our products in our school, of course, and you DON"T in your paid school.

Bud, how is one to show a proven process without the use of products, etc.

However, we will answer any questions regarding how to use another's product, and since there are good products of competitors and not so good, which we have used, we will be honest regarding our "take" on those products.

Man, business must be bad if you got to pimp on here.

Ketch</HTML>

January 31, 2005 08:38PM
<HTML>pimpin that cracks me up,lol,lol,lol,lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</HTML>
January 31, 2005 10:02PM
<HTML>Ron:

Interesting that you say you have been invited to speak since I am on the committee and I am not aware that your name was EVER brought up for consideration as a speaker.

Our seminars are not geared to selling chemicals they are geared to teaching detailers how to operate a detailing business. To understand paint finishes from the OEM thru aftermarket; leathers; wheels; understand the chemistry of chemicals, not how to use them.

There is no attempt to show a process in this type of seminar. If you are sellling chemicals then I guess you would want to show processes, like your ABC system, I suppose.

No intent to infer that you would not answer questions about products if someone asked you. However, it is hard to imagine that a chemical company putting on a detailing seminar would not use their chemicals to promote the processes. If I conducted a training session at my facility to sell my chemicals certainly I would promote my chemicals.

No need to get personal, unprofessional and vulgar when exchanging opinions.

As a matter of fact, business is very good. Here in New Orleans at the National Automobile Dealers Assocation Convention & Trade Show selling our CHEMSPENSE Detailing Systems to auto dealers.

Note that your company is one of the few chemical suppliers that is not represented. Most of the "biggies" are here, Auto Magic, Car Brite, Simonize and others. Does this show conflict with your busy schedule? I am surprised you would miss this since every major car manufacturer is here.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
February 01, 2005 01:43AM
<HTML>Dave,

I apologize, that was a cheap shot, but then I am old and been around for a long time, just can't help myself when I see an opportunity to bring real in to the world.

Ketch</HTML>

February 01, 2005 01:46AM
<HTML>Bud,

The publisher, who sells the ads, that keep the paper going,us all sorts of things, after all, as you "so" well know, ads are the real life blood of a publication.

Perhaps you were not aware, do you check every piece of mail sent out by the person who really runs the deal?

Oh, of course you do, I forgot, you are in charge of everything!

Back off, Bud, you are digging a deep hole on this one.

ketch</HTML>

February 01, 2005 01:56AM
<HTML>Bud,

You, of anyone, should know what most of the seminar's are that we have presented, and the majority were not directing people to our products, but the diagnoisnois of conditions, and that is what you finally understood, starting in Vegas, the year before Nashville.

At Nashville, you did another 180 degree, not just on mil thickness, but on the use of dimethal silicone/petroluem distillate dressing being used to dress engines and the potential damage.

Hell, Bud, anyone can go back and look at your "constantly" repeated, slight changes in verbage" articles and find that.

We are not a NADA for one simple reason and if you read the latest issue of Professional Carwash and Detailing magazine, you would know why we are not "there", that has been spun off to another division.

Our main focus is the vehicle manufacturer's, however will continue to offer our world wide, accepted and recognized by these manufacturer's, Prep Excellence School.

The focus of Automotive International, is now the vehicle manufacturer's, not trying to capture and influence the "new, uninformed detailers" with some "whiz" bang new gadget.

I know all about your "chem centers" have seen them abandoned all over the world, after a few weeks of not continuing to operate.

Once again, Bud, you go to the deep end, and with no life perserver.

You may find that you can only hold your breath for so long, then you know what happens.

Ketch</HTML>

February 01, 2005 02:05AM
<HTML>Gee, Bud,
I forgot one more thing that you may "use" from others to present your "expertise".

Are you informing the California dealers, regarding the compliance of the chemicals you wish to sell them, that they are or are not "California Compliant"?

Are you also discussing this very important issue with detailer's that in the other states that are now enforcing the VOC compliancing requirements?

Do they have your "expertise" to fall back on, with the products?

Are you aware and sharing with your customer's, be they dealerships or detailers, that in California, the state has several hundred people, paid to go out and buy products, to visit any shop or detailer, and take a sample of the products that they may be using?

And with that, go after the manufacturer, perhaps, the end user, if they, the state goverment, may wish?

More to this world of detailing today, than just the "follow me, I am great" way.

ketch</HTML>

February 01, 2005 03:14AM
<HTML>Ron:

Yes, I am sure you are sent requests for advertising in the Detailer's Digest and your company was invited to participate in the show as were most detail suppliers.

But I do not see that as an invitation to put on a seminar. Not questioning your integrity but just trying to clear the air on this one.

Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
February 01, 2005 03:19AM
<HTML>Ron:

I am well aware of California's Proposition 65.

But the real issue here is why you feel you have to insult me or what we are doing in the detail industry? Does that make you a better person? Does it make your company a better company?

There is no need to resort to personal attacks when someone simply questions what you say?

This all started when I challenged you negative and degrading and insulting efforts that many people, other than you, are making to assist detailers.

Again, I will ask you why you feel the need to criticize and degrade efforts that others are making to help the detailing business?

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
February 01, 2005 03:22AM
<HTML>Ron:

Only dead people live in the past.

Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
February 01, 2005 03:49AM
<HTML>Bud,
So how does the grass look from down where you have been dwelling for the last 10 years?

Geezzz, guess the VOC thing don't count when you are there.

ketch</HTML>

February 01, 2005 03:54AM
<HTML>Bud,

This means that you have made it a point, in your seminars to inform the audience that there are these very important laws in effect that affect their business?

Do you "spell" out which of "your" products are in compliance, and what states are on line now, enforcing them?

I hope you are making this a point, a very "big" point with the new ones starting in the business.

They have enough of a hill to climb without having some goverment agency employee coming around and shutting them down, fines, etc, whatever the that state may wish to do.

Sorry, but this is a real "issue" and "concern", for all, not something to be taken lightly by anyone.

Ketch</HTML>

February 01, 2005 04:06AM
<HTML>Ron:

Still looking for an answer to my question about why you have to criticize and demean what others are doing for detailers around the country with the presentation of detailing seminars?

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
February 01, 2005 06:29AM
<HTML>I attended Buds seminar in Orlando Jan 20th so I got to see first hand what he did or didn't teach.

Bud loves to talk. I don’t think I could talk as long as he did. Bud he did spoke clearly and got his point across. Some times he would wonder off topic a bit but he is for the most part a good communicator.

Bud spoke on just about everything that had to do with detailing in an eight hour class. I believe one would need weeks to properly cover everything thoroughly. Bud did do a good job in the time frame he had.

He did speak about the basics of chemicals but I don’t believe he covered the new VOC laws in Cali. He did however briefly cover the Federal waste water reclaim laws.

Bud didn’t present himself as the all knowing God of auto detailing. He offered information and experience that he gathered in his years in the auto detailing business.
He expressed that his class was of what he found that worked for him and it may or may not work for you.

Most of the information was pretty basic and geared in my opinion for the “new detailer”. Even though I disagreed on a few things (his view on color sanding for example) most of his info was right on. I was flattered when he called on me a few times to convey some of my experiences.

Bud did not push his products on us. He did have a few items he sells displayed on a table in the front of the room. At the end of the class he took about 5 minutes to briefly demonstrate the items before he gave most of it away to the attendees.

In conclusion, Bud’s class is well organized and information packed. It was allot to devour in only eight hours. I would like to see a seminar dedicated to only one segment of the detailing industry and that subject gone into in depth. The subject that interests me most would be marketing. I did take away with me a few bits of info. that will benefit my business and most of that being in the marketing portion of his class.

Bud encouraged us to not be complacent and to research what was covered in the class further on our own.

It was a pleasure to meet Bud and I look forward to attending more of his seminars as time permits.</HTML>

February 01, 2005 06:31AM
<HTML>OOPPS! make that "spoke" into "speak" LOL!</HTML>

February 10, 2005 02:17AM
<HTML>Dear Ron Ketcham,

You may not remember me but I met you a few years ago and saw your car up close and personal.

There were some deep, hologram-like buffer swirls on the trunk and roof of your car. I did not see the hood in the sun, it was in the shade.

Did you install these swirls on purpose to show people how not to take care of their cars?

Laurence Birdgator</HTML>
February 10, 2005 03:07AM
<HTML>No,

I did not, it is a true example of what happens to a modern high solid clear when you use it as a test bed for products.

Anytime one takes a high speed buffer to a modern clear, no matter what the product, and no "fillers", in a production shop, those little buggers are going to show up sometime.

I am not a miracle worker, and that car has been "beat to death" in testing.

Right now, it has such deep "acid rain" etches, it's clear is history!

That happens, when you subject these new finishes to real world conditions and treat them as the average customer does.

Which is what we do every day to finishes, not just the lab testing of panels be the tests be conducted by DaimlerChrysler, Ford, GM, Nissan, etc, but a real, everyday finish, in a real world enviorment.

ketch</HTML>

December 08, 2005 02:08PM
<HTML>Next expo is gonna be here before you know it, about 2 months from now,
How plans on attending?

So far it looks like I 'll be there.</HTML>

December 08, 2005 04:01PM
<HTML>I was looking at having a small booth, but things have come up that will require my time elsewhere.

However, if I can squeeze in a bit of time, may fly down for a day and evening, just to see everyone, look over the show.

It seems that in the last 4 days, I am booked for business and training trips through March.

Worse is I forgot about the ICA show in Vegas, where we will be exhibiting.

I'm getting too old for all this.

Ketch</HTML>

December 09, 2005 07:05AM
<HTML>Joe,

What day are you flying in?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login