Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Motorcycle Detailing

Posted by Gary Kimbler 
Motorcycle Detailing
March 11, 2005 04:52AM
<HTML>Can any of you that do motorcycle detailing recommend a product and process to remove oxidation from aluminum parts and bring back a bright finish ?

Thanks for your help !!</HTML>
Re: Motorcycle Detailing
March 11, 2005 01:54PM
<HTML>Gary, Renny Doyle can sell you some good compounds to remove oxidation. Go to his web site or better yet call him. The supplier that I use,I have to purchase in large quanitys, this wouldn't be of any help. If your near Ashland,Ky stop by the shop, and I'll give you enough for your job!..Brandy !</HTML>
March 11, 2005 04:38PM
<HTML>Gary,

We do a large number of bikes and product selection is key within this service because these bike owners are picky as picky gets! Your normal everyday flitz type polish simply will not perform at a high level if your doing nice bikes. We use a step process that can usally be performed by hand on most bikes. Your applicator selection is important and your removal towel selection is HUGE!

Every last detail on a bike is important and the products and your ability to pay close attention will be tested. If your bike customers are like ours...get ready for a white glove inspection after your done! Also just a little info...never apply tire dressing on the tread of the tire on a bike...not all bikers will take issue with this but that one biker will have a complete cow if you do this and again...these are not your average detail clients!

Have fun...</HTML>

Renny Doyle
Attention To Details
Aircraft &amp; Auto Detailing
www.detailingsuccess.com
Proud Detailers of Air Force One!
PDTA Member
March 12, 2005 06:44AM
<HTML>Thanks for the responses.

My biggest concern are the areas like the wheel hubs that do not allow for the application and removal of a polish because they are blocked by the spokes. Is there a way to chemically clean and improve these areas ?

Thanks
Gary</HTML>
April 08, 2005 01:41PM
<HTML>if you have a Truck wash place near by and are able to move the bike there get them to spray the rims with the aluminum cleaner it will turn it white but then you have a better surface to work with try autosol aluminum polish come fall thats what i do with all my rims i head over to the blue beacon and get them sprayed then polish my arms off by hand and with the dremel</HTML>
April 19, 2005 07:21AM
<HTML>I just finished a bike and the owner was a former drill SGT. in the military. Little intimidating at first but the nicest guy. Bike was 100% mint when done. Seapower Metal Polish, polish/wax, plexiglass cleaner/polish, and many rags, brushes, and soft microfibers.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login