Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

So, who are going to ICA Show

Posted by Ketcham 
So, who are going to ICA Show
March 18, 2005 03:21AM
<HTML>Been a lot of lip service, but just who are actually going to San Antonio for the ICA show?

Not trying to create a problem, but I find it interesting that this is the "largest" show that the detailing industry has to offer, and haven't heard much from most, just from the one's I know to be dedicated and proven to be detail operaters who have lasted more than a year or two.

Matter of fact, those who are committed to attending, have been making money at the business for a bit longer than a year or two.

Maybe that is something that some others might wish to consider.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it all!
Re: So, who are going to ICA Show
March 18, 2005 04:50AM
<HTML>What is in it for us detailers?

Looks to be 99.9% for the car wash industry and not items auto detail specific. I weighed the pros and cons and San Anton lost.

I can order CD recording of all the classes like I did from last years expo convention.</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
March 18, 2005 05:20AM
<HTML>Hear...Hear Joe. I enjoy the show and always gain something from attending but the schedule this year seemed a little cluttered and hard to hit the events I would chose to attend and with this show being on the costly side with travel and all I will wait tell Vegas in 2006! I have a ton going on anyway with our office in Dallas opening within 45 days I will see pleanty of Texas this yearsmiling smiley</HTML>

Renny Doyle
Attention To Details
Aircraft &amp; Auto Detailing
www.detailingsuccess.com
Proud Detailers of Air Force One!
PDTA Member
March 18, 2005 05:31AM
<HTML>That reminds me about Texas. I was on my way from Miami to California. I was fresh home from Japan and I was on my way to my next base in Cali.

Some Texas state troopers pulled me over for not wearing a seat belt (it wasn't a law in Fla. and they just passed it in Tex)

They (three cars stopped me) treated me like crap. I wasn't speeding. They aSKED TO SEARCH MY CAR. I had nothing to hide so I granted permission to do so. They came across my Marine Corps uniforms in the trunk (in my suit case and sea bag) and trashed them. Everything was squared away and they torn everything apart. Here I was A Marine and I was "YES SIR-NO SIR" TO EVEYTHING.

I passed through Tex two other times and had similar experiances. In 1995 I drove from Fla to cali a 4 th time, that time we took the northern route above tex and had a great time.

what jerks.

Renny, Rain is expected tomorrow here. I will call you when I get a chance.</HTML>

March 18, 2005 01:56PM
<HTML>Texas and your skin tone?

Hey, no kidding they pulled you over.

I have been stopped on I-10, in the middle of nowhere, at 11 in the morning, just because the lady with me had a Latino skin tone and dark black hair.

She is Italian hertiage.

They weren't really messing with me, but her, wanted to see all her identifcation, etc, looking of illegals, is what the officer finally told me.</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it at all!
<HTML>Most of times that I have attended the ICA show throughout the last 15 years or so!....meeting and talking to the owners that treat this detailing industry as a profession has been far more benificial then the educational sessions. The educational tracks have helped my business grow too...but not near as much as the relationships that have developed with the people that attend.
Also, many procedural ideas have come to me just by walking around the show floor checking out the new and old! products and services displayed.
I know it is expensive in time AND money but if you are serious about growing and improveing your business we should make the effort to attend.</HTML>

Re: So, who IS going to ICA Show
March 18, 2005 03:08PM
<HTML>I agree, it puts those of us who are manufacturers of products, etc in front of our customers.

Gives both the supplier and the customer, an opportunity to ask important questions, clear up any misconceptions, etc, face to face.

That is one, and possibly, the only thing I really like about doing these shows.

Other than that, they are a real pain in the a++ , as it's a lot of work to get ready, prepare, ship, set up, tear down, etc when we do a show.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it at all!
March 18, 2005 03:24PM
<HTML>Greg,

Oooooo I am series as a heart attack about this business! We are opening our seven location and my time has a value to me as does your's, Joe's and many others.

When you cannot attend several of the primary classes due to a poorly arranged schedule, that simply means I feel the show does not offer me the value it would have if the classes were laid out better.

I agree with you on the value of networking but I do that daily with others within our operation and several others we work closely with outside of our own shops. When added to a good schedule...its priceless!

I know this is a large show but that is not an excuse of overlapping classes. There are several other industries that have even larger events with better "attention to the details"...sorry...had to do it.

Joe...that sucks to hear what happend to you with the law in Texas. I wore the badge for nearly a dozen years as did my wife and that kind of action sickens me. Growing up in Colton Calif...I was one of few whites...I was 18 before I knew for sure that I was not Mexican due to most of my buds being mexican! Not all cops are rednecks as I am sure you know and my fellow deputies I worked with had high respect for members of the Military and many times turned a blind eye to infractions out of simple respect.</HTML>

Renny Doyle
Attention To Details
Aircraft &amp; Auto Detailing
www.detailingsuccess.com
Proud Detailers of Air Force One!
PDTA Member
March 18, 2005 09:28PM
<HTML>No Lip Service from me Ron, as I'm busy as hell, and can't take the time out for a trip of that magnitude. I had 2 guys to quit,thus leaving me with 1 good kid, and one in the works,who is going to be a dandy. We had just gotten caught up leaving 2 complete Tankers,and 1 coal bucket to do, then here came some more! I'm glad I have this problem,and not the other end of the spectrum of little to no work at all.................... brandy !</HTML>
March 19, 2005 12:46AM
<HTML>Eric,
Understand, business is business, especially when in the first couple of years of start-up.
The show in Orlando is ok, but mostly small, new, or start-up's, other than the trim and such guys.
The ICA is more of the established companies, national or international scope.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it all!
March 19, 2005 01:08AM
<HTML>The show in Orlando was no big deal. It was overwelming a PDR, PAINT TOUCH UP,and GLASS REPAIR show. Very little was for detailers unless you wanted to add one of those services to your arsenal.</HTML>

March 19, 2005 03:34AM
<HTML>What detailers are expressing about the show makes me want to scrap the show and I live here in San Antonio. I have relatives that come to SA to vacation and never heard of them being stop, not even a speeding ticket.</HTML>
March 19, 2005 10:28PM
<HTML>I agree with what Greg says. You can't put a price on how much you gain from being around other successful detailers. The networking has been my favourite part of both the last 2 ICA shows I have been to. Not to mention having a massive trade show where you can see all the newest equipment and tools.</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login