Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

announcement

Posted by turboman 
announcement
May 16, 2002 12:22PM
Well, I made the move.....I would like to announce the finest auto detailing facility in the Chicago area has opened, (thats because you guys are far away from me) "Perfect Finish" auto detail....owner, yours truley...I did not feel that where I was at, the company was giving the customers what they were paying for. This is a good move for me, I rent space near me and pay only when I use. 25% of my work. I don't know to what level this will go, I want to stay small, just myself, without having to hire people and start looking for permanent space. I do this to relax, I don't need more stress anymore. I'm staying booked a week in advance, without any trouble. I want to thank a few of you Dan, Mike, and John for your postive comments and help when I needed it....Toddco our on sight professional, always a wealth of info....and last but not least...Don, i can't tell you how much I value your words of wisdom......I will still be here, reading, learning, and helping if I can.....Thanks to all.....I love this stuff!

Re: announcement
May 16, 2002 12:40PM
I ENJOYED YOUR MESSAGE, I'M DOING THE SAME THING IN
RICHMOND,VA PLEASE SEND ME SOME OF YOUR TIPS.
May 16, 2002 01:11PM
HI, AARON, We can chat via e mail if you have anything specific you want to discuss......turboman

May 16, 2002 06:44PM
Congradulations! You now have what I want. I am looking for a way to go part time with my detail business and still keep my regular job. I even more like the sound of your shop to work in! I am using my fathers shop (its a really old movie theater converted into a warehouse) right now and renting it from him but I need to end that situation and I am considering adding on to my detached garage to make room for a few cars. I want to also be mobile and do dealership work since I am allready doing this now. I wish you the best of sucess in your venture and I am sure you will enjoy your career.

John
May 16, 2002 08:15PM
good luck!!!!! my wife and i started out booked two days ahead and now nearly two years later i am booked 6 to 8 weeks and have alot of nice cars and am slowly getting away from the"just get it ready for auction"cars,i only offer this advice,treat them all like show cars and you will be okay!
mike at the shine shop
May 17, 2002 12:54AM
Congrats! Turbo, may you have all of the success & business that this profession has to offer you. It's nice to hear that you have entered into the deep claritiy finishes that awaits you & your new business. May you strive & reach out for business & never stop limiting on what you can learn on a daily basis.

Would also like to Thank-You on your kinds words to the group & would like to see some pictures of your PT Crusier when you take possession of her.
May 17, 2002 02:56AM
wishing you all the best in your new venture!
Dan
May 18, 2002 02:55AM
Glad to hear its going killer! No matter how tired you get, always out perform your competitors! Theres nothing wrong with "going big", one should feed their business as much as it needs, if that means adding 5 employees and 2 mobile detail vans! Good luck!
May 18, 2002 11:16AM
HOPE YOU ARE VERY PROFITABLE IN YOUR NEW VENTURE, GOOD LUCK
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login