Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ZYLON Paint Protection

Posted by Bud Abraham 
Re: ZYLON Paint Protection
April 02, 2005 04:47PM
<HTML>Gina:

Without question, I am flattered that you would so carefully study what I say and write to insure there are no inconsistencies.

Thank you.

Actually you do have a good point and one that does justify an answer.

The reason we offer a Teflon Paint Sealant to our detail customers is because they request that we offer them a Teflon fortified sealant.

Yes, I tell them that the Teflon does nothing really to enhance the durability or shine of a sealant product they say that they understand that it does not, BUT that their customers ask for a Teflon sealant and/or that their competition offers Teflon sealant and they feel they need to have it.

When I tell them my story about, "Do you want me to tell you it does...." they laugh but insist that in their situation they need to have the Teflon sealant.

When a new customer asks me which sealant they should purchase, DIAMOND PLUS or TEFLON PLUS I absolutely tell them that DIAMOND PLUS is just as good as the Teflon PLUS, but some detailers feel they need to have a teflon product. Personally I would not use it.

From my point of view, as a seller of the product, I do not think we have the same situation as what you indicated in your last email. Why?

I am telling my customers that the product is no better than the DIAMOND PLUS. I am giving them all the information about the product, and they are making the decision to buy because they feel they need it, for the reasons mentioned above.

In your situation you are catering to your customer's false belief that the boutique product is worth $700 a bottle or $45 for a few ounces.

In my case, I am telling my customers (the detailer) that the Teflon product is no different than the DIAMOND PLUS in terms of durability and shine.

YES, you could argue that if I know that the product is not any better than DIAMOND PLUS I should not be selling it because in my "heart of hearts" I know this fact.

And, you might be right. I have to think about that one. Maybe selling Teflon PLUS is compromising my integrity, even though I tell the detailer that it is no better.

GOOD QUESTION - Detailers what do you think about his moral dilemma? Is one in my position compromising their integrity by selling a product they know is no better than another, even though they honestly tell the customer this?????

Thank you Gina for challenging me on this.

Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS</HTML>

buda
April 02, 2005 04:47PM
<HTML>Gina:

Without question, I am flattered that you would so carefully study what I say and write to insure there are no inconsistencies.

Thank you.

The reason we offer a Teflon Paint Sealant to our detail customers is because they request that we offer them a Teflon fortified sealant.

Yes, I tell them that the Teflon does nothing really to enhance the durability or shine of a sealant product they say that they understand that it does not, BUT that their customers ask for a Teflon sealant and/or that their competition offers Teflon sealant and they feel they need to have it.

When I tell them my story about, "Do you want me to tell you it does...." they laugh but insist that in their situation they need to have the Teflon sealant.

When a new customer asks me which sealant they should purchase, DIAMOND PLUS or TEFLON PLUS I absolutely tell them that DIAMOND PLUS is just as good as the Teflon PLUS, but some detailers feel they need to have a teflon product. Personally I would not use it.

From my point of view, as a seller of the product, I do not think we have the same situation as what you indicated in your last email. Why?

I am telling</HTML>
April 02, 2005 04:48PM
<HTML>Gina:

Thank you.

I am telling my customers that the product is no better than the DIAMOND PLUS. I am giving them all the information about the product, and they are making the decision to buy because they feel they need it, for the reasons mentioned above.

In your situation you are catering to your customer's false belief that the boutique product is worth $700 a bottle or $45 for a few ounces.

In my case, I am telling my customers (the detailer) that the Teflon product is no different than the DIAMOND PLUS in terms of durability and shine.

YES, you could argue that if I know that the product is not any better than DIAMOND PLUS I should not be selling it because in my "heart of hearts" I know this fact.

And, you might be right. I have to think about that one. Maybe selling Teflon PLUS is compromising my integrity, even though I tell the detailer that it is no better.

GOOD QUESTION - Detailers what do you think about his moral dilemma? Is one in my position compromising their integrity by selling a product they know is no better than another, even though they honestly tell the customer this?????

Thank you Gina for challenging me on this.

Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS</HTML>

buda
April 02, 2005 06:33PM
<HTML>You write: <<From my point of view, as a seller of the product, I do not think we have the same situation as what you indicated in your last email. Why?

In your situation you are catering to your customer's false belief that the boutique product is worth $700 a bottle or $45 for a few ounces.>>

Bud:

I have never intimated, suggested or misconstrued to any of my clients that botique products are better or superior than some good sealants made by valugard, youself and others. I however have first hand experience applying sealants for the last 20 years and test out rigirously these boutique products on vehicles that return to me continiously. As they say the proof of the pudding is in the eating...I know what I see and what I experience.

Clients come to me with specific requests or a desire for car care protectant. They are fully informed as to the benefits of both sealants and waxes and their durability. Thet are given the choice of either your sealant or boutique sealants and I even go so far as to give them access to your wax/sealant report and also the reports done by Guru wax report.

I have given them the choice, they are informed, and can see an array of vehicles at my facility at any time ...that have been recently detailed or have been detailed continiously for years. It is their choice..and my desire to provide them with impeccable service.

Clearly I must be doing something correct...they return year after year, they refer their friends, family and colleagues.

What more can I say..</HTML>
April 02, 2005 09:27PM
<HTML>Gina:

There is no question you know what you are doing as a detailer and are very successful.

Where did you get the idea that I was ever questioning your abilities as a business woman or a detailer? Never said it, that I know of, and if I did say anything that intimated that, it was not intended in any way.

As a person that works with chemists to formulate detailing products and especially paint sealants, I have discussed with the chemists, not just my own, and the provider of the silicones and know the technology that goes into a paint sealant and what that technology is worth.

FACT: There is no sealant on the market that is worth what boutique companies are charging, and there is no sealant on the market that lasts as long as some of these companies claim they will last in order to charge the money they charge for the product.

CONCLUSION: If your customers want you to apply boutique sealants you want to buy the product and pay the price and the customer is willing to pay the price, as they say, "GO FOR IT." Who am I to question what you choose to do as a successful business person.

For myself, I would not in any way enable these boutique companies to exist with their wild claims because, in my mind, all they do is confuse the customer and effect our jobs as professional detailers in trying to educate the customer on proper car care and what to use on their vehicles.

Because I do not agree with you, that is OK, it has nothing to do with you or your self esteem or with your business or your ability as a detailer.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
April 03, 2005 02:49AM
<HTML>Gina:

What's up!!!!!!

Hey I was in Phila for Easter from Thursday to Easter Monday.

Was bored to death sitting at my inlaws listening to them talk about
"The good old Days" for foru days!!!!!!! lol!!!

I should of called prior to going so we could of had one of our group mets again.

Darn that was several years ago!!!!</HTML>

Auto Appearances Inc , Raleigh NC (919) 812-4759
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login