Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tree Sap

Posted by Rich Larcinese 
Tree Sap
April 01, 2005 03:38AM
<HTML>Had a car today with tree sap. It deformed the clear coat and stained the paint. I sanded with 1200 and it flattened the clear but it appeared that the paint was still stained. Do u know why this is & what causes this? I assume the vehicle will have to b refinished.</HTML>
Re: Tree Sap
April 01, 2005 03:56AM
<HTML>Cause if you had a 30X magnifer and looked at it before you wasted the time, you would have known that the clear is toast!

It was degraded, cracked, eaten up, the resin system was compromised, it is done, over, say good bye, etc.

Proper and trained, diagnois is the first "real" step to addressing any issue.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it all!
April 01, 2005 09:58PM
<HTML>I love my 30X light magnifier.

Ron, I got my delivery today. Is the top meant for a pump or a drain spout? Thanks.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
April 01, 2005 09:59PM
<HTML>Whoops...I mean the top of the pail (5 gal. Custom Wheel Cleaner)</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Dan
April 02, 2005 03:04AM
<HTML>Where the heck do I do with a 5 gallon pail? Ive been pouring the stuff into gallon size containers with a stupid funnel and it spills everywhere!

That reminds me of how dumb some califorina laws are becoming. For instance the new "spout" that is required on all small gasoline canisters. Dont they know that more gas is spilled with these stupid spouts and more gas vapors are entering the atmosphere?!!! You cant aim with these things.

Dan Draper
DRAPERSAUTOIMAGERY.com</HTML>
April 02, 2005 03:06AM
<HTML>It is for a "pour" spict, not for a pump, although some do use a plastic pump in it, they make them, but don't last for long.

The new, just in from the plant, are in our new black pails, as will, on a running basis, all product will be in.

They have a "air vent" on the other side of the "pour" spout, that you just "pop".

I would love to do the 5 gallon squares, that you can stack, but would add some cost to the product, and when it comes to commodity type products, do we spend it on "quality of product" or fancy marketing packaging?

With the 5's and up, we are trying to keep the cost down, since they are for volume users.

Smaller packaging, decided to got for the "glitter" that many deem to be better, because the packaging is "bling-bling".

That's the way it is, so much today is not about quality of performance, etc, but "bling-bling".

Oh, and don't forget the "fragance", screw that, we are not going to play that stupid game.

I guess dogs love to lift their legs on a tire that has a "grape" or "cherry" fragrance to a tire dressing, more than our un-scented dressings.

What the hell is this with "scented dressings" or anything else, it doesn' t make the product perform better, but I guess the dogs with a full blatter like it.

A.I is a company that has built it's business on true professional, toxic, carcenigenic free products, that do perform as they should, or we would not be producing products for 10 of the largest vehicle manufacturers in the world.

It ain't about "smell good", or "neat bling-bling" colors, but the products doing what they must do.

Ketch</HTML>

April 02, 2005 10:55PM
<HTML>You will probably want to slap me over the head, Ron, but I like scented chemicals. However, I don't buy chemicals just for the smell -- no way, never have, never will. I buy for the performance and longevity -- and if there is a fragrance, even better.

For example, Auto Magic's line of tire dressings, their solvent-based Magic Dressing (great performance) smells like blueberries while their other solvent-based smells like pure petroleum. I've been driven out of my woking quarters with some chemicals due to the overwhelming smell.

Invisible Glass is my favorite window cleaner but boy does that stuff smell. Talk about pungent fumes and odors. Worth every use/spray though.

I wholeheartedly agree that fragrance will not make a product perform better but I can see why detailers choose them. I've been forced out of my garage just after a few sprays of Marykate's Waterproofer for boat canvas as well as a water-based engine dressing. I still chose to continue using them based on their excellent performance.

With that all said, fragrance is a plus but if the product isn't high performance, it's not on my shelf.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

April 02, 2005 11:52PM
<HTML>Brian,

When I first came to join A.I. they had fragrance in Omni, a couple of other products.

When I looked at the formula's also found butyl's, etc, not good.

The fragrance was in there to cover up the "sharpness" that one smells, irritates the eyes, lungs, etc.

When I reformulated to non-toxic components, also made sure no fragrances where in them.

I had then and still do today a more important reason for that.

Do not wish to make them so attractive that a child, not knowing that a nice smelling, pretty pink liquid is not Kool-Aid, might drink them.

Also, it is in my opinion, that a professional product should have it's main components odor, so that the user knows it is a chemical, and knows each product's unique, natural odor.

Just my way.

Ketch</HTML>

April 02, 2005 11:59PM
<HTML>Excellent points Ron! It never really occured to me that the children might be attracted to the smell and drink it.

Yes, Omni is very potent smelling as well. Great stuff though.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

April 03, 2005 12:01AM
<HTML>Ron is right on the money again! I don't like fragrances either. And as referenced above, it makes me suspicious as to what chemicals the manufacturer is trying to hide. I also hate the lingering scent in the garage.

A garage is simply not supposed to smell like coconuts in my opinion. Nevertheless, every scented product I have I find to be outstanding.</HTML>
April 03, 2005 02:36AM
<HTML>Brian:

Then you would love Ron's aerosol window cleaner.

Stuff has a nice smell and works great!!

This is the only product I use that has any scent.

I hate stuff that smells!!!

I do alot of detailing at a large office complex (top of a parking garage) and at times there are several other detailers there doing work.

The smell of bubble gum, fake leather scent, blueberries and etc is enough to make me vomit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</HTML>

Auto Appearances Inc , Raleigh NC (919) 812-4759
Re: keep spider weds out of clear coat
April 04, 2005 12:07AM
<HTML>Hi I'm buying a new vehicle within a week, suv, how do i keep the spider weds out the clear coat? I'm not going let the dearlership prep my vehicle simply for this reason. I had i't happen already. When i bring it home how should i wash it?. Leather interior also, what should i look for as a leather conditioner? thank's</HTML>

parttime detailer
Re: keep spider weds out of clear coat
April 04, 2005 06:02AM
<HTML>Ron,

I was invited down to Meguiars and given a chance to go through their (at the time) new "detailers" line of products.

One of my complaints was that they smell too good. Their solvent smells like a pina colada. It dosn't smell dangerous. I keep telling my employees to not let the sent fool you it is some bad stuff.</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login