Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Cleaning/Washing MF Towels

Posted by convercs 
Cleaning/Washing MF Towels
April 01, 2005 02:20PM
<HTML>What do you guys use to clean your microfiber towels ? Is it as simple as throwing them in the wash ? Does the laundry detergent really clean the wax/polish/etc out of them so they can be re-used ?</HTML>
Re: Cleaning/Washing MF Towels
April 01, 2005 09:57PM
<HTML>I soak mine in a wash bucket with all-purpose cleaner and water for 10 minutes. Then I rinse. Finally, I wring out and throw them in the dryer.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
April 02, 2005 03:25AM
<HTML>I do the same as brian does. I think the washer beats them up too much.

You can also just hang them to dry after you wring them. they dry in no time.</HTML>

Auto Appearances Inc , Raleigh NC (919) 812-4759
April 02, 2005 07:01PM
<HTML>I wash them in the washer with liquid soap or Meguiars all purpose cleaner.

The batch of towels I have now I bought at Sams club over six months ago and they are washed weekly. They still look good.</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
April 04, 2005 02:05AM
<HTML>I have a front loading washer, I toss them in and mild detergent and hot water, then toss them in the dry at medium heat. Bought about 40 of them 6 months ago and they still polish up the glass like new.</HTML>
Dan
April 04, 2005 03:08PM
<HTML>Washing machine, soak mode, and I use 3D towel kleen, Ive never seen a towel cleaner that does not leave residue and breaks the dirt down so affectively. I even use this soap on my huck window towels. I then run the washer like normal after soaking.

I dry the MF towels on "air fluff" mode.

Dan Draper
DRAPERSAUTOIMAGERY.com</HTML>
April 05, 2005 01:14AM
<HTML>Dan,

Can we get 3D on this side of the pond? Is it powder or liquid?

Mike</HTML>

-Get that great new car feeling!-
Dan
April 05, 2005 03:05AM
<HTML>Mike,
You sould be able to get 3D products anywhere in the US. 3dproducts.com, try it. I dont use much from them, only heavy cleaners degreasers, tire dressing, and leather/vinly cleaner, and that liquid towel clean.

Dan Draper
DRAPERSAUTOIMAGERY.com</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login