Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Trailer Black Streaks

Posted by Bill Strobel 
Trailer Black Streaks
April 13, 2005 09:45PM
<HTML>Car show season is coming up and I am getting the trailer ready. Anybody have an easy way to remove the black streaks that run down the side of trailers and RVs. I usually use a buffer with a light polish followed by a buffer and cleaner wax, but man it's a lot of work, up and down a ladder, lots of square footage. Then the next rainstorm they are back. Gotta be a product that is easier and just wipes them off?</HTML>

Bill Strobel
aka theamcguy
Fayetteville, NC
Re: Trailer Black Streaks
April 13, 2005 10:23PM
<HTML>Bill--
Not sure if you are 'in the business' or not, I use something from my local Auto Armor distributor called TEC-319, it is an all purpose cleaner. When combined with a good boat wash soap it does a great job. First rinse the trailer, spray the cleaner directly on the trailer and use an appropriate brush to lightly scrub the trailer then let the soapy water (warm preferably) and cleaner 'soak' on the side of the trailer, Give it another scrubbing and poof you have a clean trailer. I live in New England and we have wet long winters. This is the method I use to remove black streaks from the boats that I take care off. Have fun.</HTML>

Keith
Details on Demand Inc.
Mobile Auto and Boat Detailing
April 19, 2005 07:24AM
<HTML>Right on Keith! Another product I absolutely love is Auto Magic's Special Cleaner Conc. as well as Star Brite's Black Streak Remover. Bothe do the same thing but AM's SCC has a little more kick to it.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
April 19, 2005 05:00PM
<HTML>Brian,

The "A" product of the ABC system will do the job without damage.

Just mitt or brush on, let it dwell, agitate and rinse.

Any minor residue left over, comes right off when you apply your wax/polish/sealant.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it at all!
January 30, 2006 11:09PM
<HTML>What is the ABC system and where can you purchase it?
Does anyone have a mail order source for TEC 319?
Does anyone have a mail order source for Auto magic Specail Cleaner Concentrate?

I have no distributors local so I need to mail order in the products. I have been searching all summer and I can find no one who wants to take my money. Talk about frustrating.</HTML>

Bill Strobel
aka theamcguy
Fayetteville, NC
January 31, 2006 01:57PM
<HTML>You can read all about it at www.autoint.com

Look under the OEM/TSB section, Ford, Mazda, Hyundia are just a few manufacturers who require it for warranty work.

Ketch</HTML>

February 04, 2006 02:01AM
<HTML>Bill I have an RV with aluminum sides which gets the black streaks. I tried many products before finding a solution to get them off. Try Purple Power cleaner & degreaser. I spray it undiluted on the sides doing it in sections and wash it with a microfiber mop pad. Then rinse it off with the hose. It works great and it is cheap only $4.00 a gallon. It is sold at Walmart and most auto parts stores. Try it you will like it.</HTML>
February 06, 2006 11:06PM
<HTML>Thanks for the tip. Does anybody know what causes the streaks?</HTML>

Bill Strobel
aka theamcguy
Fayetteville, NC
February 07, 2006 01:53PM
<HTML>It is the oxidation process of the rubber seals and the sealer used to hold them in place when it is around windows.

The other streaking is from air pollutions that collects on the top of the vehicle, then slowly drips down the sides.

Ketch</HTML>

February 17, 2006 03:30PM
<HTML>Believe it or not pledge the everyday household wood polish will take them off of fiberglass sides, i dont really know metal but we tried it on our rv a few times and it worked great.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login