Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

whew!!

Posted by Keith Boyer 
whew!!
April 16, 2005 11:10PM
<HTML>Two weeks straight of detailing 35'+ boats (12 in 14 days) , man I am beat!</HTML>

Keith
Details on Demand Inc.
Mobile Auto and Boat Detailing
Re: whew!!
April 17, 2005 02:01AM
<HTML>That is what comes with success in business. Congratulation!!!

Regards
Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS</HTML>

buda
April 17, 2005 02:01AM
<HTML>That is what comes with success in business. Congratulation!!!

Regards
Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS</HTML>

buda
April 19, 2005 07:11AM
<HTML>You did 12 35+ footers in 14 days?? Way to go Superman! I'd sleep for a month after that. You're wallet must be splitting at the seams!</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
April 24, 2005 08:16PM
<HTML>Just hired a guy to work time so there went my wallet for a few weeks. Got to get him on the road ASAP making me some money. Told hiom I would book the appointment and he would do the work with my equipment and we worked out a 50/50 deal with this. Hope it works.</HTML>

Keith
Details on Demand Inc.
April 24, 2005 08:28PM
<HTML>Better be careful with regard to contract labor vs employee as it relates to Labor Laws and Workers Compensation Insurance.

From what you described you will be obligated to take out employement taxes and FICA and as well, provide Workers Comp insurance.

You say he is a contractor but this is not recognized unless this person has a business license for his own business and shows you a certificate of coverage for Workers Comp insurance or a document from the State that says, as a self employed person he has opted out of coverage for himself.

Unless the person can provide you both of these documents the Labor Board, IRS judge him as your employee.

Be very careful, these laws are also retroactive. If this guy gets hurt and you pay the medical bills for the injury and then later he finds out from someone else that you are really responsible for his medical bills and any disability he might have incurred do to the injury they can come back, and will come back on you.

Know this is not what you wanted to hear by your posting, but you need to know this.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
April 24, 2005 10:28PM
<HTML>Bud--Great advice, it is nearly word for word what my attorney and accountant said. I will treat him from now on as a w-2 employee but still offer the 50/50 deal but now it is 60/40 my favor.</HTML>

Keith
Details on Demand Inc.
April 25, 2005 04:07AM
<HTML>I believe you can pay him anyway you want as long as he makes the equivelant of minimum wage for every hour he works and you take out FICA and taxes and have him covered by Workers Comp.

A very smart man you are to accept the laws as they are and not try to work around them. If you are caught the consequences are far too great for all of us.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login