Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Dry Foam Carpet Cleaner

Posted by Christian Porter 
Dry Foam Carpet Cleaner
April 21, 2005 11:29PM
<HTML>Does anyone have any experience using a dry foam cleaning machine? While researching hot water carpet extrators I stumbled across a website - [www.vonschrader.com] -

I'm curious to know if anyone has used this setup for cleaning automotive interiors. What was your experience? How does it compare to hot water carpet extrators?

Thanks,
Christian</HTML>
Anybody??
May 02, 2005 10:44PM
<HTML>Is there anyone out there with experience using this type of product?

Thanks,
Christian</HTML>
Re: Anybody??
May 03, 2005 12:58AM
<HTML>Not familar with this particular company.

Have heard of others, but in the end, they use water or steam, in a some amount, to get the job done.

Most are just "buzz word" advertising, not much more than that.

Check them out deeply, ask probing questions of the process they are promoting.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it all!
May 03, 2005 02:49AM
<HTML>We used these machines successfully for a long time in furniture upholstery, office fabric divider cleaning and then began using them in automobile cleaning. Great for velour upholstery, leather and other fabric... When the rotating head broke the cost for replacement was $500.00. We decided to replace it with a hot water extractor. They are great machines!

Since then we have used many types of machines, some better than others. There are many great ones in the market place more versatile to deal with the grunge of today's automotive cleaning. Do your research, buy from a local supplier who can fix it when it needs servicing.</HTML>
May 03, 2005 03:03AM
<HTML>Since you have used both the dry foam machine and hot water extractor, which would you recommend for daily use in a detail shop?</HTML>
May 04, 2005 02:15AM
<HTML>I would recommend an extractor over the dry foam...it is more versatile and will better handle the muck that is in most of todays vehicles.

Some local suppliers will lend you a demo machine to use</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login