Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Removing hard water deposit on paint

Posted by Ray Masiclat 
Removing hard water deposit on paint
April 26, 2005 05:54AM
<HTML>I'm am wondering how can I remove hard water deposits on my car.</HTML>
Re: Removing hard water deposit on paint
April 26, 2005 11:42PM
<HTML>One method that i use that works really great, is distilled vinegar. wash the vehicle first, then pour a gallon of distilled vinegar into a clean bucket. I use a chenille pad, take it and wipe down the vehicle completely with the vinegar. After that you will have to wash the vehicle again. You are going to have to wax the vehicle again because the vinegar removes the wax also. hope that works for you. It has for me.</HTML>

Chris Garcia
Sunset Mobile Wash
El Paso, Tx
(915)256-7456
April 27, 2005 02:10AM
<HTML>We have been making a "chemical system" for years that removes "hard water spots", from paint.

However, maybe not you, but most don't know a "water spot" from an "etch", and just keep throwing stuff at them.

Water spots can be washed off, with the right chemicals.

Etching is like a hole in your blue jeans, must be repaired.

Over simplified, but it's a start.

If you want to know more, just email me.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it all!
<HTML>Yep, happened to me not that long ago sad smiley

Thought it was "just" spotting. Tried in vain to washing it off.
Whipped out the 30X magnifier and knew after that, the rest of my day would be shot.

Had to completely re polish.</HTML>

April 27, 2005 03:03AM
<HTML>Bill,

Isn't it amazing how so many, will spend so many hours and hours, talking about "how to do this and how to do that", and they don't even have a clue of what they are dealing with?

Is it not amazing the amount of time that is spend by many, buying products, expecting miracles, then buy some more product, and then call the product crap, cause it didn't work?

Even more amazing is that they will take the word of a fellow poster on a web forum, to be the way to do things, but never take the time to research and read, what the engineers in the companies that make the paint materials, or the one's that make the cars, have to say?

And, they will spend all the money for "magic/miracle products, but never buy an inexpensive diagnoistic tool and learn how to use it?

Wonder what a doctor or trained mechanical technican would have to add to that?

Or, learn to take time to think and consider what they are observing through a 30X magnifier?

Ahhh, the "marketers" have taken over their brains, I guess.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it all!
<HTML>Well, I will admit, in a perhaps rather sick way, I enjoy the whole product sampling part of the hobby side of detailing. I don't think there's anything wrong with enjoying having a collection understanding that all of the products are designed to do the same things. The debate about opinions of how well they fair against one another is what it is, a discussion of opinions only. Hence, the multitude of products on the market will continue, fueled by preferences whether they be based on true,measurable performance differences or psychological factors only. Not a bad thing but most certainly no substitute for maximizing one's result by continuing to make effort to understand process and improving skill. Folks just need to be aware of this and keep it in mind.

Although I find it fun, I also wish to seek out more of the closest to scientific as possible information about not only products and their ingredients, but process, which I really admire how you tirelessly teach.

The result is sure to lead to a better final detail outcome.

I'm not sure if those in question are all aware of your organization. I had the desire to expand beyond product discussion ( still participate in it but do more than just that) and that's how I stumbled across it.I'm sure those who also wish to do this will as well.

I'd think it would be highly beneficial if the 30X magnifier were discussed more.Again, might be a case of not enough awareness of it. Fortunately, it has been brought up : just recently on another manufacturer themed forum.</HTML>

April 27, 2005 04:11AM
<HTML>The 30 X is a great tool, not just for identifying things but also explaining them. I used to get bothered constantly at the dealership to buff "one more time and see if that scratch will come out " by sales people, now I show them the magnifier and the scratch/defect...now they juss topped asking, and life is good !

It takes a little while to figure out just what it is you are looking at , but worth taking the time to understand and even call Grumpy when not sure.

Jim Hammill.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login