Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

looking for shop to open

Posted by SHWTM 
looking for shop to open
May 05, 2005 02:39AM
<HTML>We are currently looking for a shop to open, the question is do any of you know a vendor of water reclaim units for a brick and mortar shop. I want to set up a wash bay that will meet any current requirements.

So far the hard part has been finding a location with good visibility in an area that has a good income level or good industry that brings the higher income people, weather to shop or to work.

I have been at this game for a while mobile and I just cant make the move from being the business to running the business while still running mobile. Its really hard to supervise and guarantee work when you cant see the final product and really hard to find good help let alone someone you would be willing to trust with your truck, equipment and your client base.

Anyway, enough rambling.

Anyone have any leads for this type of equipment?</HTML>
Re: looking for shop to open
May 05, 2005 03:22AM
<HTML>What you are seeking is a two or three (three is better) clarifier unit.

It must be inserted into the ground, and all affulent water flow from the operation, must flow into it, before entering the city's sewer system, etc.

Dependant upon where you are, what your city, county and state regulations are, cost of labor, etc, this may cost between $3,000 and $7,000 for the unit.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it all!
May 05, 2005 04:05AM
<HTML>Thank you for the info, that is about what I was thinking as far as costs go. I was actually guessing on th ehigher end of the scale.

Do you know any vendors that provide the install service and equipment in So Cal. Since I am still looking for the location I am not pressed for time. I want to do it right th efirst time and be done with it.</HTML>
May 06, 2005 01:33AM
<HTML>SHWTM,

First, you have a great website! Looks like mostly exotics in the gallery, and your prices reflect the quality of your work. Many of us should be inspiried by these accomplishments.

Second, the fact that you are nipping the reclaim deal in the bud, and factoring that into your start-up costs and business plan is commendable.

Here in Florida, not much attention is paid to this issue, especially with dealers, until EPA or local authorities come in and put the brakes on it. (as was the case with a Toyota dealer here on the Gulf coast. 250+ new & used units a month having to be farmed out to every tom, dick and harry in the county sure did a number on their CSI, profit, not to mention all prep/wash staff laid off for months.)

A local bank-owned used-car lot (3 locations) has inquired with us about operating a recon center at one of their locations. The 3 bay shop is just behind the main lot (none of the lots have a detail center, just washem up behind service).

Problem is, RUNOFF! No way could you wash more than 10 vehicles a week without the place turning into a swamp, not to mention the obvious environmental issues. Dunno what we're gonna do yet.

Anyways, good luck on your venture.

Can't add too much in the way of advice, but this board is full of pros with great advice. just wanted to send kudos on your work.

Regards,
Mike</HTML>

-Get that great new car feeling!-
May 06, 2005 01:47AM
<HTML>Thank you. I know a buch of the guys here personally, just hoping that some of the vendors chime in with some equipment info.

I am ready to roll as soon as we find the location. You know its all location, location, location!

BTW, My name is Brian and we are currently operating as auto express.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login