Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

zymol

Posted by jasonz 
zymol
May 06, 2005 05:28AM
<HTML>Hi, i was wondering if any of you guys had had any experiance with using zymol polish.
I know this product is overpriced but interestead if any one had used this stuff and weather the results lasted .
I did a test patch on a black wing of a veteran car and it did look very good.
I see this as a good way to sell a good polish to my new customers who cherish their top end cars.
All the best.
Jason.</HTML>
Re: clay bar
May 06, 2005 03:11PM
<HTML>Hi ,im using a clay bar next week or so to remove sap spots from a roof Im thinking that this will be the less agresive option for this problem any doos and donts on this subject??.
I have yet to try this clay bar I understand they are good for pre polishing too do they remove road tar easily??.
Thanks again.
Jason.</HTML>
May 06, 2005 04:05PM
<HTML>For road tar get yourself a can of Tarminator. Easily removes sap too.

The clay bar is great for removing contaminants such as IFO, or any other foreign element not bonded to the finish. Removes the top layers of such but chemical is needed if sap, tar, bug guts, etc.

Zymol is a good product but geared more towards retail than professional due to the cost. Get yourself a good swirl remover (pure polish with no fillers.)

Goodluck!</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
May 07, 2005 02:04AM
<HTML>If you want to try a high-end wax try Pinnacle's Souveran, it was basedc upon Zymol's Destiny (IMO much better and a mere fraction of the cost)
JonM</HTML>

[ each one / teach one, then student /becomes teacher ]
May 07, 2005 02:53AM
<HTML>Go get to the hardware store and get a quart of mineral spirits.

It will do what you want, with out damage.

Just give it time to work, don't go playing "rubby-dub" and when, or if the sap comes off, (some saps require a different solvent), wash the area and do your polish/wax job with the high priced boutique product you find so wonderful.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it all!
Re: zymol
December 14, 2006 04:51PM
Zymol Carbon, Concours and Titanium Carnauba Waxes were rated high for gloss by the Guru Reports ( B to B+ ). They rated an overall C+ for performance.

Guru Reports gave Zymol SUV Natural Liquid ( sold by Turtle Wax ) a C- for gloss and an overall C-.

Several years ago, Consumer Reports tested one-step waxes as well as Zymol's three-step process and Mother's three phase process. Both multi-step processes out-shined all of the one-step products.

In a later test, Consumer Reports Rated the Blue Liquid Zymol by Turtle Wax at the top.
I tried it and found it hard to apply evenly and quickly. It shined well but had average or less durability.

In the Latest Consumer Reports test, Zymol Cleaner Wax Z-503 liquid came in 8th with an overall rating of "very good", scoring excellent for both Gloss and Cleaning. It was found "fair" in Scratching and left a powdery residue. Durability was "good" and ease of use was "very good ". Compatibility with plastic was rated "poor".

Ketch's parting remark was uncalled for. The questioner asked about Zymol and never said it was something he found wonderful. It is unseemly to sneer at a product when you are selling competing products, as well.

Hope this finally answers the Zymol question-belatedly.
Doug
Re: zymol
December 14, 2006 09:37PM
Hi. I tried zymol before and didn't like it. Just personal preference. I like
Ardex, Stoner, 3-M for polishes. Just my opinion.
Ardex makes a sap remover that works very well. Tarminator works well also.
Clay works well to clean the paint before polishing and waxing. I would
recommend including it in your detailing routine.
Good luck!
Joe
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login