Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

old dried blood removal

Posted by rsrtuning 
old dried blood removal
May 27, 2005 01:40PM
<HTML>We have in our shop a restored accident mercedes clk 320
beige thick carpets, with large bloodstains
we have gotten most out, but still faded patches remain.
we have worked with, solvents, and even tricloretan 1.1.1
and used the extractor to its maximum
seems nothing will completely take it out.

any suggestions.

RoB</HTML>
Re: old dried blood removal
May 27, 2005 03:20PM
<HTML>I’ve used these to successfully remove blood stains albeit fairly recent ones have little/no experience with old/set blood stains as they may have dyed the carpet fabric.

Alternate1- wipe down the area with a damp micro fibre towel and remove blood stains using a 2:1 solution cold distilled water / Hydrogen peroxide, this will eliminate the blood and provide a disinfectant. Finally rinse the area with a damp micro fibre towel

Alternate2-Use a pre-cleaner solution; quarter 0.25 cup Protein Stain Remover (topoftheline.com)
/ 1-cup 303™ Cleaner & Spot Remover / one gallon hot water let dwell for 5-10 minutes to enable cleaners to react, and then use an extractor to remove residue.</HTML>

[ each one / teach one, then student /becomes teacher ]
Re: old dried blood removal
May 28, 2005 04:17AM
<HTML>One thing i kow is that coca-cola seems to clean up blood. It works on some surfaces, but trying it in a Benz with light carpets may not be a great idea. It is something to consider, but i think the other guy's suggestion of peroxide may be a safer route. Try it if you want, and make sure you can afford to have the carpet bleached and re-dyed, or replaced.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login