Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Steel Dust

Posted by Doug Hayes 
Steel Dust
June 03, 2005 05:29PM
<HTML>Does anyone know anything about Steel Dust?
I have a white truck and it has steel dust all over it and it is beginning to look like rust all over my truck. If there is a way to remove this stuff with out having to repaint I sure would appreciate any help anyone can give me.
Thanks gang</HTML>
Re: Steel Dust
June 03, 2005 08:08PM
<HTML>Automotive International's ABC wash should take care of it .

[www.autoint.com]

Ron can tell you for sure if this will work .</HTML>
June 04, 2005 01:09AM
<HTML>Rail Dust - just buy some rail dust remover from a local detail supply company and follow the manufactuer's instructions. Look in the Yellow Pages under Car Washing & Polishing, Equipment and Supplies there you will find a list of suppliers who can sell you a gallon of product.

The acidic product will dissolve the rust and loosen the remaining rail dust particles. When that happens, rinse off the car. Then spray with a non caustic alkaline cleaner to neutralize the acid and rinse off.

Then wash with a carwash shampoo and rinse and you can then polish and wax the car.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
June 04, 2005 01:43AM
<HTML>Thank you for your help
I appreciate it</HTML>
June 04, 2005 07:00AM
<HTML>www.autoint.com stuff works. We did 33, 40 foot school buses awhile back with the ABC system and it worked great.</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
June 04, 2005 04:59PM
<HTML>Are school buses painted, gelcoated, or powder coated? I always wondered that.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
June 06, 2005 11:55AM
<HTML>They are painted, usually with an Imron type of two part, some are just enamel though, depends on the bid requirements.

ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it at all!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login