Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

water reclamation ??

Posted by kenny olson 
water reclamation ??
June 07, 2005 04:08AM
<HTML>what do you guys know about the water policy in so cal?
has any of you been cited?
i set up a roll on mat and a 25 gallon tank in my truck to re-claim the water,can i simply pour the re claimed water in the foilage?
thanks.</HTML>
Re: water reclamation ??
June 07, 2005 12:10PM
<HTML>The law is the law but it seems like every city interprets it and enforces it (or not enforce) as they see fit.

It is best to ask your city code enforcement if you have any questions.</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
June 16, 2005 08:36PM
<HTML>Try this contact below:

Environmental Protection Agency
California - EPA
James Strock, Secretary
555 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814
916-445-3846</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
June 16, 2005 10:40PM
<HTML>As far as I know about SoCal, LA County fines without warning any mobile detailer or mobile washer who does not contain waste water as you are doing.

And, it is my understanding that San Diego County or the City of San Diego has outlawed carwashing by anyone in the street.

With regard to your question about the waste water disposal, according to the Clean Water Act you would be obligated to dispose of this water in a legal manner, as opposed to dumping it somewhere on the ground or in a back alley. If they require you to reclaim it they also require you to dispose of it in a proper manner too.

What many mobile washers/detailers do is make a deal with a self service carwash and dump their waste water in the drain of one of the bays which is really no problem for the carwash operator. But I caution that you get permission. Either pay the owner or detail his car (s) at no charge for the favor.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login