Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The "COKE" Solution

Posted by Bud Abraham 
The "COKE" Solution
June 18, 2005 04:27PM
<HTML>Have any of your detailers ever heard of using a mixture of Coca Cola and water to dress tires?

Had a customer of mine in Eastern Europe email me today asking if I had ever heard of using this to shine tires?

Thought I had heard most everything in detailing until this one.

Regards
Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS</HTML>

buda
Re: The &quot;COKE&quot; Solution
June 18, 2005 09:05PM
<HTML>I have heard about dishwashing soap</HTML>
June 18, 2005 11:13PM
<HTML>Can't do that--What will I mix with my rum?</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
June 19, 2005 06:01PM
<HTML>Good point Joe!

Never heard of this either. Doesn't seem logical or economical, if you ask me.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
June 19, 2005 07:49PM
<HTML>I am guessing that the sugars (corn syrup) and perhaps the caramel coloring, would sort of "glaze" the tire but one has to ask how can this be cost effective given that a 6 pack of Coke or Pepsi is like $4.00 ??

Here is an idea, how about using a water based tire dressing? smiling smiley

Anthony</HTML>

Details, Details, Details....It's all in the details!
www.UltimateReflections.NET
June 19, 2005 08:33PM
<HTML>Brian & Anthony:

No one said this was an economical or reasonable way of dressing tires, I only asked if anyone had heard of this.

It is said that "necessity is the motherhoold of invention" and I must say that detailers in Eastern Europe are very creative are they not?

Anthony you are actually very perceptive in your comments about sugar being the "glazing" agent.

The customer told me that when he was told this, he figured out, as you that it was the sugars in Coke that created the shine. So what they did in his country, Romania, was to mix sugar and water and get the same result.

Gentlemen, you see what a great country we live in? How our system of free enterprise allows people to be creative and develop products that make life easier? God& His Son, Bless the US of A.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
June 19, 2005 11:55PM
<HTML>Yeah I tried it, but the neighborhood Bee's kept following me around!................................................Brandy</HTML>
June 20, 2005 01:36AM
<HTML>GoJo hand cleaner without pumice will also work as a tire dressing.</HTML>
June 21, 2005 12:42AM
<HTML>When I lived in El Paso, TX, on the weekends we would cross the border to Juarez, to shop, eat and drink beer at the market. Right across the street was a car wash and peolpe would just drop off vehicles and shop while vehicle got washed for $5 a car. What they used for tire dressing was a mixture of milk and sugar and the tires had one hell of a gloss.</HTML>

San Antonio Mobile Auto Detail
Martin Hernandez
[www.saMobileCarWash.com]
June 21, 2005 03:43AM
<HTML>Ok I tired a 50/50 mix, I will stick with my Tech Choice Super Dress. i wonder if there will be ants on my tire in the morning?</HTML>

Keith
Details on Demand Inc.
Mobile Auto and Boat Detailing
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login