Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

carpet and tar tips

Posted by justin tredo 
carpet and tar tips
June 22, 2005 04:15AM
<HTML>Hello-

...just found this forum today while surfing around. I live in northern NY and have found myself overwhelmed with business as I am doing a lot of recon work for dealers as well as trying to keep up with regulars, I was wondering if anyone could offer some tips regarding contaminant removal during washing. Is there a car wash that is better than others, or are they pretty much all the same. Also what is the best tool for washing, I like microfibers but find they trap and dirt too easily and scratch the surface. I find myself going through a lot of 3m adhesive remover and spenging a lot of time here. Also, with regards to carpet, I currently use a shampooer and find stubborn stains difficult to remove and bc of the salt used on the roads up this way, the driver side especially becomes discolored. Are there any tips you can offer, perhaps in the way of aerosol carpet dye?

Any help greatly appreciated..

Justin</HTML>
Re: carpet and tar tips
June 22, 2005 04:00PM
<HTML>Justin, welcome t the forum.

For the contaminant removal use a clay bar .

I usually wash the car first, then use a solvent to remove tar/road paint etc, then clay the whole vehicle if needed.

Aerosol dyes you need to be careful of, as some manufactureres still use methylene chloride which is a very nasty chemical.

Jim.</HTML>
June 22, 2005 06:07PM
<HTML>Or, he can just use the ABC system and he's done, except for the tar.

We recommend that the detailer walk around the vehicle first, spray their tar remover on all tar spots, let them dwell, then go right onto the ABC system.

The tar is emulsified in most cases and no rubbing is required.

No chance to put scratches with the clay bar in the clear either.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it at all!
June 22, 2005 09:22PM
<HTML>justin i am also in upstate n.y. are you getting any vehicles with crusty white carpets,i mean this stuff is rock hard and very difficult to remove i have not found an easy process yet.</HTML>
June 23, 2005 12:37AM
<HTML>thanks for the advice. I am not familiar with the ABC system however Ron, can you explain that? Dave- I know what you mean. Where are you located, I'm way up in Massena. For those salt spots I usually saturate them with plenty of shampoo mix and scrub and extract, For really nasty spots though sometime I have to resort to a wire brush.</HTML>
June 23, 2005 11:44AM
<HTML>The salt stains are are alkaline in nature, so I'd reach for an acidic product to counteract/neutralize. You might find that simple white vinegar helps.

The ABC System that Ron mentioned certainly deserves your attention.

Try this link: [autoint.com]

Good Luck!

Jim</HTML>
June 29, 2005 06:27PM
<HTML>How about those red and orange spots ?????</HTML>

Brian M. Kress
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login