Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Pads

Posted by Rob Marini 
Pads
July 02, 2005 02:30AM
<HTML>What do you guys use to clean off the residue and dirt off your white buffer pads to make them look new again? I heard someone say they just throw them right in the car wash soap after.

Also Does a yellow cutting pad work good with a light cut swirl remover or should i go with the green or white?</HTML>
Re: Pads
July 02, 2005 07:09AM
<HTML>1. Saturate the pad with water then rub out water.
2. Spray an all-purpose cleaner on the pad (both side) and let dwell for 5 miutes.
3. Brush the pad with a soft toothbrush or any soft bristle brush.
4. Rinse, squeeze and repeat until water is clear.
5. Place pad in 2 towels and press dry.

Put the pad on your buffer and spin dry. Helps if you sping the pad horizontally in a bucket .</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
July 02, 2005 03:46PM
<HTML>Ok i will try that, thanks. One question about the yellow cut foam pads. I read in different places that it is good for removing swirls and light compounding but then others say it is for removing heavy scratches and heavy oxidation. Are they safe for using with a light cut swirl remover? I dont want to cut up the paint.</HTML>
July 04, 2005 12:28AM
<HTML>Rob:

The white 100% wool pad is the most aggressive and should not be used on a clear coat finish too aggressive.

The yellow 50%/50% wool and polyester is also a cutting pad, but less aggressive than 100% wool and more aggressive than foam. This pad is NOT for polishing, swirl removing, it is a CUTTING PAD for compound.

Then you also have a foam cutting pad which is the least aggressive. If you use the foam and poly wool with the right compound you will have few swirls.

The only polishing or finishing pad that is not foam is the sheepskin finishing pad, but few people use them today.

Hope that helps you.

Regards
Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS</HTML>

buda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login