Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Best mailing list company?

Posted by Superior Shine 
Best mailing list company?
July 15, 2005 01:24AM
<HTML>We are about to start a post card mailing campain. There seems to be hundreds of mailing list brokersonline. Can anyone here recommend a company?

Also what experiances have you had if you tried a post card mailer?</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
Re: Best mailing list company?
July 15, 2005 01:59AM
<HTML>Dont bunch your card with other companies like a [AD-PAK] people will think its junk mail

It didnt work for me word of mouth have been my best source

Shine have you thought about selling products that you use? like quik shine [32oz]and a MF towel</HTML>

WE DON'T USE THE &quot;F-WORD&quot; YA KNOW &quot;FREE&quot; A M.O.B BUSINESS
July 15, 2005 02:49AM
<HTML>Better than using a mailing list company, I think, is to buy a city directory with the city listed by street addresses. A company named Polk makes the best and they run a couple of hundred dollars. Many libraries have these you can use for free.

Our city has areas where wealthier people live, I assume most cities do. Get a directory, uses the addresses in the areas you want to concentrate on, and mail out your stuff.

Don't expect a huge immediate return though. I've had calls 6 months, 9 months, even a year after the mailing. The thing ya have to remember is that a detail is not a "necessity" for most people...more of an impulse buy. Sometimes it takes the seed a long time to sprout!

Steve Bough
The Shine Shop
Jasper, IN

PDTA member</HTML>
July 15, 2005 03:01AM
<HTML>The best route to go is to rent/lease directories that are either income, zip code, etc. in my area it Hayes directory. You choose the area or zip code or income you want to target.

You then should check with the post office about how bulk mail works and how much it costs, size of the postcard etc.

The post card has to be designed exceedingly well to get the attention of people, some do oversized simply because you have to see it, because it is so big. The peice must also have some offer that forces people to call and make a purchase and you must repeat the mailing with some consistency to measure return.

I have done the post cards, many calls but not as effective as when I targeted a particular street, apartment building and mailed them first class letters describing our services. My return rate was extremely high.

The best return I have had is a well designed yellow page ad that sticks out amongst all the others.</HTML>
July 15, 2005 11:46AM
<HTML>My wife and I don't even look at them and go right into the trash. I guess companies have notice that because I remember getting tons of them and now maybe 5 aweek.</HTML>

San Antonio Mobile Auto Detail
Martin Hernandez
[www.saMobileCarWash.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login