Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Post card marketing - EXPERT NEEDED

Posted by Superior Shine 
Post card marketing - EXPERT NEEDED
August 01, 2005 04:37AM
<HTML>Next week or so I will send out post cards to boost biz to the point I can run a second rig. We are about border line now but I want to bump it up a bit.

What has worked best for those of you that tried them? What headline will grab them?

There isn't much room on a post card, other than contact info what should I make sure I include on there?

My plan is to buy a mailing list that targets small business owners that make $100,000 + a year within a 10 mile radius of my home.

Total budget is about $4000. Should I send out post cards to as many new clients as possible or select a smaller number and send them a post card 2 or 3 times ?

Also, should I have them directed to call or go to my web-site for more info?</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
Dan
Re: Post card marketing - EXPERT NEEDED
August 01, 2005 05:13AM
<HTML>Joe, this is just my opinion, but I think you can do much better by just showing up or calling up asking for an appointment to speak with them. To me the yellow page ads and pretty much all advertising not associated with face to face contact is worthless, at least for me. The quality customers come from the ones you hand pick. I like the idea of buying a list, you eliminate most error on the spot by only calling people you know have the dough. Post cards may get ignored no matter how flashy.

Although it could work if you 1. send the post card 2. do a follow up phone call 3. put them into an email database and send an educational email periodically 4. keep the follow up phone calls going on the cold people.

Now the tough part, organizing enough time to do it all and actually follow through!! I wish you good luck bro. I want to see you kick arse!!!

Dan Draper
DRAPERSAUTOIMAGERY.com</HTML>
August 01, 2005 05:32AM
<HTML>Dan,

My plan is to send out 10,000 post cards. I would love to go by and talk to all 10,000 but heck!!!!!! LOL!

I get pretty good biz from yellow pages and the internet but like I said I need to crawl out of the trenches and I need the extra biz to support a min. of two vans.

The biz now grosses about $9,000 a month with a two man crew. Right now that gets split four ways- me, helper, expenses, uncle sam.

If I crawl out of the trenches a portion of that $9000 goes to a new employee. The gross will be split 5 ways then and my net income will go down.

I need to run two vans with four employees with me completely removed from the grunt work to run the business. If I can do that my net income will actually go up about $15,000.</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
August 02, 2005 03:13AM
<HTML>Joe:

This my opinion, I think you should try to get some FREE PUBLICITY before spending $4000 dollars on $10,000 flyers. Try to have a newspaper or television do a business profile story on you.

I am not sure about the small business owners...most of them have little money to spend.. so target people with higher incomes and continously mail out flyers to these same people (it takes a while for people to make a purchase)

If you still insist on doing the mail out, you need to get a cheaper printer. I recently printed 10,000 color brochures on glossy paper for $1200. I have done the post-card thing 50,000 post cards and results were not as good as direct mail regular postage</HTML>
August 02, 2005 04:23AM
<HTML>Joe:

You want to hit serious small businesses.

Look into some of these after hours networking groups.

They meet around dinner time. from 5:30 to 7:30pm

You can talk directly to many small business owners at one time.

I am the only detailer at these events and I ussually get two to four details each time I attend one of these.

You will set yourself apart from the rest by attending these events..</HTML>

Auto Appearances Inc , Raleigh NC (919) 812-4759
August 02, 2005 04:27AM
<HTML>Thanks for the advice guys.

I am not sure I am anything to write about. Mobile detailers here are a dime a doz and I am going to do something big time to get a story written about us. I was playing withthe idea of a 24 hour detailathon for a charity.

Also, after hours meeting sounds good but who has time for that!?!?!? LOL

Thanks again</HTML>

Superior Shine-Covina, Ca.

Please join me in giving thanks to our men and women who serve in the name of our freedom and cannot be home with their families. Please include them in your prayers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login