Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

the ompany that cheated me only cause i was far away!!!!!!!!

Posted by Amr Sultan 
the ompany that cheated me only cause i was far away!!!!!!!!
August 27, 2005 11:42AM
<HTML>Hi again guys,

A couple of days ago i explained to you about the company that i bought from huge amounts of chemicals for the second time and after reciving them turned out to be cheap, second class products.

I know that it might be hard to belive but thats what happened after taking so many proffesional opinions,
and just to give you a small example of how this company works i would like to give you some examples,

I made an opening order from this company a couple of years ago and since i'm not in the states and not familiar with the prices i asked the company to put the package for me and that I TOTALY TRUST THEM,,

Here are some of the items they sold me about 3 years ago,, please give me your opinions,,,

1) A normal high pressure washer for a wash bay including the gun,
$3695.

2) work carts(normal plastic ones) each at $299.95

3) A small carpet shampooer(air tool) $299.95

4) A mini orbital waxer(a sander) $254.95

5) A variable speed rotary buffer $239.95

6) clay bar $26.95 each

7) 1 gallon of engine decreaser(1:4) $10.65

8) 1 gallon all pupose cleaner(1:8 MAXIMUM) $10.65

9) 1 gallon READY TO USE wheel cleaner $15.95 normal cleaner

10) 1 gallon deodorizer(if dilluted like water) $28.95 normal vanilla

11) 1 gallon READT TO USE window cleaner $17.35 no dillution allowed

12) 1 gallon water based silicone dressing $19.95

13) 1 gallon extractor shampoo $19.35

14) 1 gallon 800,1200 grit compound $21.35

15) 1 gallon swirl remover polish $25.30

16) 1 gallon sealent $29.30

These prices are from three years ago,, all products are normal products, all tools are made in japan,china,korea.

That order was for about $40000, lots of other stuff at unbeliveable prices that i noticed after the last problem.

Please give me you fair comments on these prices and put in mind that the chemicals,, tools are good but not the finest.

Thanks</HTML>

Prestige cars
Re: the ompany that cheated me only cause i was far away!!!!!!!!
August 27, 2005 01:50PM
<HTML>Caveat emptor</HTML>

-Get that great new car feeling!-
Re: the company that cheated me only cause i was far away!!!!!!!!
August 27, 2005 02:49PM
<HTML>Mike

And what is the word TRUST !!!!!

Is it just a word that does not exist !!

Not true,,it does and thats why people bring you expensive cars to detail and TRUST you with not replacing parts of it with cheap stuff.

You trust,i trust,we all trust,
the problem is not in us trusting but in people and companies that decive your trust.

Still waiting on comments on the prices stated before.

Thanks</HTML>

Prestige cars
August 27, 2005 02:49PM
<HTML>The great thing about the USA it is a free enterprise system and anyone can charge what they want… the responsibility and onus is on the buyer to choose good vendors and purchase wisely.

I am assuming that this service provider did not force you to purchase from them and you did so willingly.

The prices you have quoted are NOT exorbitant, a quick check of 3 different suppliers shows that the following

Rubber carts range between $90. to $214.00
I purchased 2 variable speed buffers last week and paid almost $200.00 each
Clay is around $25.00 a bar here
Small carpet air tool is around the same price here
1 gallon Meguiars Diamond cut is over $20.00 per gallon

The big picture is this ! you received the products necessary to get you in business without having the scour the world to find each item.. this has saved time and you probably have not had to go through so many trials and errors as many of us have had to move the business forward.

Life is about learning lessons…sometimes you have to pay to learn.

When we started our business many years ago we did not have the money but attended a training program that cost $300.00 each that was a lot of money then. We learned immediately that the trainer was a complete dim-wit, lacking in verbal skills, could not even present course properly. We learned a most important lesson on that day…that lesson if this person who appeared before us could be successful in business there is nothing that could stop us.</HTML>
August 27, 2005 03:08PM
<HTML>All that you are saying is acceptable,, all true and that is not the problem,,
the problem lies in the bad products we purchased later,,

Dont you call that cheat or is it also a buyer acceptance?

A company gives you certain quality products and you buy drums and drums after using them and accepting them THEN what you get is a totaly diffrent product,

Now what's that called!!!

Thanks</HTML>

Prestige cars
August 27, 2005 03:24PM
<HTML>Quite frankly what bothers me about your posting...is that there appears to be an hidden agenda to use this forum to dis-credit a distributor and the distributors business.

You have never contributed to this forum in any form and you certainly did not ask our advise, opinion or even the critical questions here before starting your business.

But now you are involving us in your brouhaha! by screaming cheating and scandal as though you are sending a message to the distributor that if he does not give you what you want you will scandalize and ruin his business in this open arena.

I believe in fair play and something stinks here...The fact that you are far away does not negate YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY FOR MAKING GOOD BUSINESS DECISIONS. If you made mistakes in choosing a supplier, if the supplier has not lived up to your expectations or has provided you with inferior products, then by all means take every legal action to re-coup your money.

This is not the fora to create scandal or to get even...</HTML>
August 27, 2005 04:28PM
<HTML>Concoursgarage:

If you where the supplier i would have understood why you replied in that way,

Let me explain a few things here because it's obvious that you have a misunderstanding.

1) The reason that i did't post here before is that i never new this forum before untill i started looking for detail forums which lead me here, but if i had know about it before i would have defenitly been a member here, i'm in the same buisness but in a diffrent scale and in a country that cars are as bad as they can get so i would have certainly needed help as i go along plus i could help too because i'm realy experienced in my work and i meet lots of cases.

2) As for the hidden agenda that you smell,, well OF COURSE there is a hiden agenda here, are you that kind to not notice!!!!!
This is a detaliers place and i'm complaining about a detailing company,, you here talk about good stuff and bad stuff to use and not to use, where else would i talk about a cheating company?? In the romance room!!!!

3) How did you figure out that i was screaming and shouting and all that stuff!!!
I'm simply saying TAKE CARE there are cheating companys out there and giving my own experience, i NEVER mentioned the name of the company,never asked for your SPECIFIC advice and just put out a subject for discussion that you might like or dislike,,,as long as you dislike it so much just say "keep us out of this"
and i'll answer "ok,sorry if i bothered you",, see its that easy, dont take life that serious,you'll never get out of it alive.

4) And yes i am sending a message to the supplier because he writes here,,, again what better place to do that then here, this is not your house mate that i came in and screamed like you imagine,this is a public room if you havent noticed, i never broke in.

I hope you dont detail your cars the way you talk !!!!!!!!!</HTML>

Prestige cars
August 27, 2005 05:51PM
<HTML>Your doing the right thing NOTHING WRONG in my eyes besides I have a idea who it is already. Tell it the cheating bastard, That's hard earned $$$$$$$ and concoursgarage let the MAN</HTML>

WE DON'T USE THE &quot;F-WORD&quot; YA KNOW &quot;FREE&quot; A M.O.B BUSINESS
August 28, 2005 12:08AM
<HTML>Will the crying ever stop!?!?!?!

Take responsibility for your actions. With the use of the internet we truely have a global economy. Do your homework and conduct your business accordingly.</HTML>

Superior Shine-Covina, Ca.

Please join me in giving thanks to our men and women who serve in the name of our freedom and cannot be home with their families. Please include them in your prayers.
August 28, 2005 01:03AM
<HTML>Sultan, I am sorry to hear of the problems that you are having. However, like has been discussed already you have the responsibility to seek out and find quality suppliers. If you made a bad choice then you will have to deal with the consequences. As for not naming the company, you basically have named the company in a "not so subtle" way by listing specific products and quantities and that you are not in the continental USA. Anyone involved in these forums for any length of time will easily know who you are talking about. If you have a problem with a supplier, take it up with them. If you can't work it out then take it to court and get a decision. Then you can come on here and make accusations and claims and actually have something to back it up.</HTML>

August 28, 2005 10:31AM
<HTML>Hi

I too am in a country far away, Spain where there are not too many if any professional detail businesses, there are a lot of by hand carwashes, where they charge you about 18$ for a 40 min clean of your car, and we all know what that gives you. So this the reason that I one year ago decided to do it right. and to open a professional detail service center here in Spain.

Here the cars come in very similar as you explain they do in your country, and i too have tried many products, specially the cutting and swirl remover ones. Maybe one day we can compare dusty scratchy cars....who has the worst. ( not to talk of the interiors, here the cars look like theyve been through a hurricanne from hell))

I found this forum pretty early on, and allthough under another name at the time, i read and read and read, and learnt.
And i also did 10 weeks training in a established well known detailshop in Sweden..
Now there i learnt the most from the other 8 detailers working there...

I then looked at many suppliers, and got quotes from many, and i twisted and turned, and searched on the internet, and searched some more. and i finally went with a lot of different suppliers, because, i found, and used the best price i could find for that certain machine or product, that I after my searches and readings found to offer the best at the time.
Sure i too made some misstakes, and i probably paid more for some things, but, but not anything of any major large sum.

I was careful, and i never took a first quote as a final.
But we were very close to making a similar misstake as you. but because of the help on this forum, and my own searches, and time i spent reading about products and machinery on the internet, we were able to pass that one by before it was too late.

I understand that you feel cheated, and that you are more than pissed off, and i agree w you that you should do everything in your power to get some sollution to your problem, allthough, maybe it be better you take it the legal way, if at all possible. because by posting angry posts on here, i think all you will acomplish is nothing. but i may be wrong too, maybe it will help in your aim.
I understand all you want to do is give a good final product to your customers, and at the time, to have to now go through all of this, is NOT, what your time should have to be spent on. So i do understand your frustration. I would not want to be in your shoes, and i do feel for you.

But now you are were you are, and you still have to keep working, but as it seems, you do have a good clientelle, and you seem to have got your detail shop running good with over 100 details a month, so I hope that allthough this will haunt you for some time to come, you can find time to run your business, make money, and at the same time find a good sollution to the product to use on the heavily scratched cars you have to deal with.

We here in Spain have found the 3M products to work very good for us, and as 3M are a multinational company i think at least there you will not run into any quality problem. Although we are also the whole time trying new products in our shop, because i like to compare always. and allthough we have not been here for that long, and i am learning new things every day, i am a perfectionist, in many ways, and id love to find that one step, all scratches gone, super product,,,LOL8I dream)...

Anyway, take care, and i hope you come out ok, in the end of it all.....

PS
The men and women here on this forum, are a nice bunch of professional people, who have always answered and helped me in questions I have had.
I take this opurtunity to give them all 100% of my appreciation.

and amr sultan

A good way to know who you are dealing with is do a search on their username, to find all posts by that person, and you will quickly sort the professionals out from the little less dedicated ones.............this is a good help function...</HTML>
August 28, 2005 01:54PM
<HTML>Thanks for your understanding,
I had a message to send and i think i succeded,
not everything in life needs to be taken to court,, sometimes for the sake of both you have to send a loud warning before doing that,
thats what i was doing plus i also was able to make you guys take extra care when you buy something.
Sorry if i bothered you all but you might need to do the same one day,, who knows,, the clever can fall also!!</HTML>

Prestige cars
December 07, 2007 12:43PM
Buy American, preferably close to home! Shipping that much stuff will eat you up!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login