Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Auto Magic thoughts

Posted by jim miller 
Auto Magic thoughts
October 01, 2005 02:44AM
<HTML>Hey all
Just wanted to know what you guys think of the Auto Magic line. May be taking over a distributorship. Have used some of their products and seem to work well. I really like a wax called Banana Magic. Finish and ease is right there with anything I have used. And White Magic cleaner wax in my opinion is much nicer than the Zymol.
The business I am interested in has about 85 - 100 customers. Most have been with current distributor for 10 years. I don't know if people love the products or just the outstanding service they have gotten.
Any remarks would be appreciated.</HTML>
Dan
Re: Auto Magic thoughts
October 01, 2005 03:39AM
<HTML>All I know is, is that the distributor in my area appears to be reasonably wealthy. He probably has around that many dealerships he sells chemicals and accessories to. He sells the brushes, towels, extractors, etc.. not just the automagic stuff and has 3 vans running.

This sounds like a great opportunity!! If the numbers add up with the business your buying, I would jump on it. Your detailing experience will help you as well. Good luck!!

Dan Draper
DRAPERSAUTOIMAGERY.com</HTML>
October 03, 2005 04:25PM
<HTML>I don't know a lot about their products as I haven't seen anythinf from them in my area in almost 10 years. As a business I think they suck. Have a look at the effect they have had on the detailing industry due to their lawsuits over clay and you'll see the way they operate. I personally would never buy anything from them just on that alone no matter how good their products are. Just my $0.02.</HTML>

October 04, 2005 01:07AM
<HTML>I disagree on the clay issue. They were the ones who went to Japan and got with the individuals who were working with clay. If it hadn't been them who cornered the market, it would have been someone else. They were just quicker on the draw than the rest of the industry. They were the ones who brought it into detailers everyday usage. Besides, they do not forbid clay from being sold by other companies, they do receive fees from them though. Not a bad business move if you ask me. Would the backlash be as severe if it were Meguiars that had made these moves? If the history is different than what I am aware please let me know.
They do make some nice, reasonably priced products. I would rather pay 22.00 for a gallon of their White Magic cleaner wax than 13.00 for a pint of Zymol, which in my opinion works no better. Very good all purpose cleaners and the water based "Super Dress It" is a heck of a dressing. The breakdown on the distributorship I may take over is about 15% dealership business and 85% small independent detail shops. These small shops are where quality counts and they seem happy with the product line. Ver impressed with Banana Magic wax and Awesome Gloss polymer finish.
But thank you for the response. It is a valid that some may hold, although I do not believe alot do.</HTML>
October 04, 2005 03:36PM
<HTML>I didn't say it wasn't a savvy business move for them - it's bad for the industry. Besides, the whole issue of how the patent was issued was a foul up that they capitolized on. Afterwards they went on to first sue all the small distributors that wouldn't "play ball" to establish a legal precedent because the small guys couldn't fight the lawsuits. We'll agree to disagree on that one. Like I said I am sure they have some nice products but I disagree with the way they conduct themselves and will never do business with them as such.</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login