Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

other guys

Posted by big ab 
other guys
October 06, 2005 04:17AM
<HTML>Does anyone have a guy in your town talking crap about you, and has no idea what he is doing.....

Let me explain...I have a hot water extractor. He uses "the shop vac" method......

Waxs all cars with Eagle 1 Nano Wax NO BUFFING ANYTHING.....

I have more $$$$ in a squirt bottle than he has in his full shop.
Not that i has alot of $$$ in it.

But to talk crap and dont own a extractor or power washer........

Just Venting, Abner</HTML>
Re: other guys
October 06, 2005 05:55AM
<HTML>I am usually too busy detailing cars and counting money to worry "the other guy"</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
October 06, 2005 01:03PM
<HTML>Abner,

Consider this a test of your character. If you have sought to carry yourself in an upright manner then when others hear of you in a negative manner they will then highly question the source of that negativity.

Anthony</HTML>

Details, Details, Details....It's all in the details!
www.UltimateReflections.NET
Dan
October 06, 2005 05:32PM
<HTML>Hey Joe, what are you some kind of gangster? I know your so called "mobile" detail shop as you call it, serves as some sort of cover up for a large cuban mafia operation, dont deny it, embrace it!!!

Dan Draper
DRAPERSAUTOIMAGERY.com</HTML>
October 07, 2005 02:20AM
<HTML>Big Ab pay no attention to the comp if you want to call him that focus on what you are doing and build your business bet money he will fold before long because golden rule #3 states never bad mouth anyone just provide better service and you will profit. As for Joe Smooth you should see him standing by some great 30's and 40's mob style cars all thats missing was the Thompsons a hat and overcoat.</HTML>
October 08, 2005 06:05PM
<HTML>When you speak to customers speak to them knowledgeably. They are perceptive enough to know when someone knows what they are talking about.

For example, explain to a customer the proper process of cleaning carpets as recommended by the National Carpet Cleaning Institute.

1. There are two types of soil in carpets:
a. Dry soil
b. Oily soil

2. 85% of the soil in carpets is dry soil
15% is oily soil

3. The proper cleaning procedures are as follows:

a. Vacuum thoroughly to remove the "all" of the dry soil
b. Apply spot/stain removers to difficult stains such as red dye; rust;
tar and grease; coffee; pet stains and remove by hand
c. Pre-Spray with foaming carpet shampoo and let dwell to emulsify
the oily soil on fibers
d. Friction shampoo by hand brush or rotary shampooer
e. Extract with a heated soil extractor and a no-foam extractor shampoo
f. Final vacuum to remove any excess moisture

You speak that knowledgely to a customer about proper carpet cleaning procedures and you will get the business.

If he brings up the competition mention that they do not use the extractor to remove the oily soil and shampoo residue. They use only a shop vacuum and that will leave residue in the fibers which, when dry, will immediately attract dirt again like a magnet.

Use this analogy: When you get in a shower you get wet; apply shampoo to your hair and then soap up your body. You would not then jump out of the shower and wipe the shampoo out of your hair and the soap off your body would you? Of course not, you would rinse with water and then get out and dry off with a towel.

Same situation with carpets, if you do not extractor rinse you are leaving residue which will simply get the carpets dry again.

To compete against the "other guys" you have to know more than they do and do more than they do to get and keep the business.

Hope that helps

Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS</HTML>

buda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login