Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

DVD's vs Hand Bills or letters

Posted by Eric Brandenburg 
DVD's vs Hand Bills or letters
October 24, 2005 03:03PM
<HTML>I'm using a digital cam-corder taking snap shot pictures of my business, my crew,and some before and afters, then at the end, a short 60 second clip of my crew,and me working @ different phases on a customers rigs. Then I down load, and burn DVD copies,and send to proposed clients, as well as the ones that I already have acquired.

It seems like most folks of today, would rather watch the movie, enlieu of reading the book.

P.S. I dubbed in explanations of the different sequences on my DVD's.

Are any of you guys going that far with your advertising?. The information feed back I'm getting, is that the customer will take the time to look over the DVD, but the letters and hand bills I sent out usually go into the ole "FILE 13". If you already had a camera and computer capability to down load and burn the info on DVD's its cheaper than getting a lot of crap printed up, that majority will never read.

Its just something thats working for me!....................... Brandy !</HTML>
Re: DVD's vs Hand Bills or letters
October 24, 2005 03:33PM
<HTML>We have our new catalog about done.

This time, rather than print 50,000 copies, we are only going to print about 20,000.

We are putting it on CD, as it is cheaper to mail, and people seem to becoming more receptive to that media.

After the first of the year, we are producing DVD's of the warranty product installation, some other short clips regarding buffing, car washing, glass cleaning etc.

Can have these burned by an outside firm for under a dollar a piece in lots of 1,000.

Just takes time, we got the high grade Sony digital cam corder, used it to produce raw footage for a Ford video, etc.

Can anyone figure out how to add 4 more hours to each day???

LOL!

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it at all!
October 24, 2005 03:33PM
<HTML>What is the COST? and is worth all that TIME IN PRODUCTION?</HTML>

WE DON'T USE THE &quot;F-WORD&quot; YA KNOW &quot;FREE&quot; A M.O.B BUSINESS
October 24, 2005 04:33PM
<HTML>New! The DVD Camcorder was a Christmas present for my wife last year,it is the best one that Sony made at that time, it was about $1300.00, the Home PC she already had.
My wife teaches PC and Camcorder How to's in her Science class where she teaches school, so with her tootledge, I eleminated many mistakes,as well as retakes. I did have to do a retake on the 60 second clip, because I got the evening sun in front of me, and got some major reflection off the side of a Aluminum Chemical trailer we just completed.

I purchase the DVD recordable disc from Sams. I think that they we gave about $20.00 for the tube of 100 discs.

The time consumed working the camera/camcorder,down loading and dubbing in the narative and Back ground music when I wasn't talking, I probably had about 2 hours total time involved. Like I said I had some professional tootledge from my spouse,and if I didn't have that,I would probably be trying to erase all of the colorful explecitives that I recorded,while trying hook up this or that,on all of this "Buck Rodgers" equipment.
The final result was professional to say the least,and was supprising as hell to me, cause I'm know computer nurd my any means. Matter of fact to show you how old I am. I use to slip off to the railroad yard close to where I lived in Louisville,Ky and get the switching crews to let me ride in the old steam switch engine cab, that the Pennsylania Railroad used in the yard.

I guess what I'm saying here, if you can, or already have the DVD Camcorder, and a PC that can down load, and burn DVD's/CD's,like we have, any body can do it,if I can!

I think its a more personal way of getting your message to your customers,and one that they will look at, enlieu of adding to the trash.

Matter of fact as of this writing one of my customer that hauls Coal and Chemicals called me,said that he received a copy that I sent him,and wanted to know who did this advertising for me, as he found it very informing,and wanted to do this for his business, but would hand deliever his to his customers,and show it to them on his lap top notebook. Then leave the DVD for them to look at later date. This was a good idea,but aready did this,as I've worked on a customer in Southern,Ohio that hauls Coal for American Power. He responded very well to this,and said that I was the first Dog and Pony show that had used a PC on him. I told him "Well Hell" when in Rome, do what the Romans are doing!
I told him that I look at buying, as he does, and would rather take an enemia with a "Cactus Root", than sit and go through a bunch of mail. I don't waste much time on Email either..........Hope this helps Brandy !</HTML>
October 24, 2005 09:26PM
<HTML>Good idea , the cost doesn't seem all that much compared to printing . I would like to see your dvd any chance of downloading to a web site or getting a copy.
Regards
Jerry</HTML>
October 25, 2005 03:32AM
<HTML>Brandy can I have one to see? I wil be happy to pay you for postage as well as your time.</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
October 25, 2005 01:15PM
<HTML>Brady:

May I also have one and will pay for Postage too?

Hey I just remembered we never hooked up when you came to Raleigh!!!!

Thanks</HTML>

Auto Appearances Inc , Raleigh NC (919) 812-4759
Dan
October 25, 2005 02:23PM
<HTML>I thought of that but havent been ambitious enough to get the job done. Eric, you should put that on your website as well!! Thanks for sharing your experience. Have a good day.

Dan Draper
DRAPERSAUTOIMAGERY.com</HTML>
October 25, 2005 02:52PM
<HTML>Good luck!! In your new adventure and if POSSIBLE I would like one also I would be more than happy to pay for the shipping.</HTML>

WE DON'T USE THE &quot;F-WORD&quot; YA KNOW &quot;FREE&quot; A M.O.B BUSINESS
October 25, 2005 08:52PM
<HTML>I'm really glad this is working for you Brandy,

W send out direct mail to existing customers and have some sucess - we also have a guy in once a week at the moment filming training DVDs. But it's all strictly amatur. once we get better at producing them we were going to have a company put them on DVD or maybe just brouches on CD, hopefully those credit-card shaped disks.
The other thing about CD's is that with so many people now on broadband, you have the presentation grab up-to-date info from your web site, such as prices.

You know, we have already got a TV-DVD at our counter and we show promotional DVDs from some of our suppliers. It's all good and makes us look like a modern company. The future is already here, although it makes me fel old.

<a href="[www.clean-image.co.uk]; target="_blank"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Clean Image Car Valeting - Auto detailing in the UK.
</font></a></HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login