Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Education for customer

Posted by Rob Marini 
Education for customer
October 31, 2005 03:44PM
<HTML>I was thinking of including either an article or letter about the benefits of paint sealant. I have been trying to tell people about it once i put it on but i dont really think they get it. Then i would explain it and include the article with the invoice. Any of you gentlemen already including this information for the customer. Mind if i take a look?

Rmarini07@hotmail.com</HTML>
Re: Education for customer
October 31, 2005 09:39PM
<HTML>I think it is a good idea to provide written information if one has the time to do so.

The the best opportunity to provide this information is when you are evaluating the vehicle and selling your service. A few minutes to explain paint protectants the contrast the difference between the value of a sealant vs wax.

The consumer can then particpate in the process by making the decision as to which purchase he/she will make</HTML>
November 01, 2005 02:30AM
<HTML>What we did in our detail centers was discontinue the use of wax and simply included paint sealant as our protection product.

If the customer purchased a "guaranteed paint protection" they received the same sealant but with a 1 year guarantee that the car would shine to their satisfaction and the water would bead (protection). Of course water beading does not mean protection, but the customer thinks it does so that is the guage we gave them. They also got a free renewal in 6months.

I have some excellent material that you could use to write up a story on paint sealants and their benefits, but it is for our DIAMOND PLUS Paint Sealant. Do you use this?

If not, go to the company from whom you buy your sealant.

Hope you do not pay more than $22.95 a gallon.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
November 01, 2005 03:12AM
<HTML>I actually started using the sts 2000 paint sealant. So i am currently using this, and so far I have been very happy with the results (extremely easy to use). I am going to switch to only paint sealant as well just to seperate myself from the others and i want people to know the difference.

I want to make up a 6-month maintanance program so people will come to me twice a year. If I tell them its 12 months then that will ultimatley cost me in the end; and i will need twice the amount of repeat customers.

Its actually 34.95 a gallon so i may switch to the Diamond Plus. Also i will probably be coming to you for a new extractor in a few months.</HTML>
November 05, 2005 02:46AM
<HTML>Bud makes a great paint sealant. Only sealant we stock. I also like his polsih, compound and most of all mink plus. Customers love when you tell them you are going to nourish their leather with mink oil. It smell expensive. Remember the 22.95 does not include shipping. Shipping gallons of sealant can sometimes, out weigh the cost of getting it locally. I bought from Bud original because my vendors were not helping to educate me. Support those who support you. He is good salesman and a hell of a marketing hound.</HTML>
November 06, 2005 03:44PM
<HTML>I do not believe from a business and marketing strategy it is a good idea to discontinue the use of wax in a detailing establishment because it limits your service offering and excludes a segement of the population who are die hard wax aficianodos.

While the evidence is indisputable that sealants are a superior protectant the reality is that many consumers still want wax. The opportunity now exists for of us educate the consumer on the benefits of both and seperate these benefits by associating a higher retail value for the sealant.</HTML>
November 06, 2005 07:39PM
<HTML>In reality it does not matter what you use as long as the vehicle shines and you know as a professional thsy you have give a protection product that will last. In the 10 years I operated my detail centers I never had a customer questioned are use of paint sealant instead of wax.

Had one older lady with an older black Mercedes in perfect condition make us use her miracle wax, whatever the name. I agreed and that was a mistake, it was some cheap cleaner/wax combo that was all filler. What we ended up with was a lot of white powder, the filler, all over the car and a lot of final detail work.

You are the professional, you should use what you want and stand behind it. A sealant is a better product in terms of durablity, easier to apply and remove, which makes life easier for you.

Of course, you can keep a can of "hard" paste wax in your inventory and if you get that one customer who insists they know better than you, by all means, use it. But I certainly would not make it a rule of thumb if you think the sealant is a better way to go.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
November 06, 2005 09:09PM
<HTML>I still offer a wash and wax package but for my complete package, i have made paint sealant standard. When you tell people you use paint sealant rather than wax, they seem more excited because they are getting more value for their dollar.

Most people around here dont know what polish really does and think that all waxes are the same. I try to educate as much as i can, and so far everyone loves the sealant.

Also, i have to compete will car washes around here like ScrubaDub and Simoniz, who offer "12 month protection".</HTML>
Dan
November 07, 2005 02:26AM
<HTML>I am with Concours Garage, usually our customers can care less about what is being used since they want their cars done so frequently. I do use paint sealant more often than not, but what does it matter when clear coats need attention sooner than 6 months to prevent spider webs and swirls. Protection is one thing and appearance is another. No paint sealant lasts as far as appearance goes longer than 2 months, protection yes, appearance no.

I try not to service customers we won't see again for 1 year anyway.

I am going to include a postcard sized information deal along the lines of "My car is detailed, so now what?", so customers won't mess up the car and also so they understand what was just done to the car as far as correction, recon, and protection.

Dan Draper
DRAPERSAUTOIMAGERY.com</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login