Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Quick Detail Spray

Posted by Keith Kirvan 
Quick Detail Spray
May 28, 2002 02:23AM
What is a quick detail spray?
Is it a cleaner? Or more like a wax afterthought?
Re: Quick Detail Spray
May 28, 2002 05:29AM
nothing more than a product that shines your car in between washing and waxing.....no cleaner or polish
Re: methods for carpet cleaning by hand
May 31, 2002 11:07PM
I need to know what my fellow detailers recommend for cleaning carpets by hand without the luxury of a steam machine. Thanks!! I have been using a method of believe it or not, Murphy's Oil Soap. diluted about 5 capfuls per gal. of warm water, I got this from a jedi detailer with 25 years in the business. it work's pretty well! but I know there is probaly better way's. PLEASE RESPOND!!! thank's
Dan
June 01, 2002 02:33PM
My advice is to get the strongest shop vac around to extract the carpets, it wont be as clean but close. Check out a professionals carpet cleaning supplier for chemicals, you will want a TRAFFIC LANE CLEANER, ask which one has the least amount of RESIDUE, you will want a FABRIC RINSE to break down all the soap, fill each chemical into a seperate pump garden sprayer, get yourself a nylon bristled white wall tire brush and spray lane cleaner and agitate, suck with the vac, then spray the rinse and suck. I learned in order to be a pro detailer you have to be a pro carpet man as well, other wise you can damage carpet or leave them full of residue which will cause resoiling. Good luck!
June 01, 2002 03:50PM
Keith:

Dan ofers you sound advice.

To get you chemicals you can also source them at any reputable commercial janitorial supply house in your local area. they will have various options and chemical programs for you to consider.

One more tip, once you have the proper traffic lane cleaner and fabric rinse concentrates in place. Mix up pre proportioned amonts of each and place them in separate small hand spray bottles, then fill another with plain water. With the aid of your wet vac these will become invailuable for quick spill action on most all automotive carpet and upholstery spills.

Take care
June 02, 2002 03:03AM
Grant,

Have you ever read the labels? I hold in my hand a bottle of Meguiars Mirror Glaze Final Inspection 34. The label states"for fast, easy maintenance of that deep gloss shine." Mists on and wipes off to remove fresh contaminants such as bugs, bird droppings, tree sap mist and water spots. The bottle claims that it will remove fine scratches. This sounds like a cleaner to me.

I am sure that you have not encountered really dirty, greasy, oily carpeting with kool-aid stains. Do you know what is meant by "wicking effect?" I know what you would do, take a trip to the local Home Depot and purchase a bottle of ZEP Traffic Lane Cleaner and scrub the hell out the carpet.
June 02, 2002 04:30AM
I appreciate the comments from all of the people who post here, J>J I respect your opinion too. Something to consider though is how you give your opinion. Please dont talk "down" to us because you feel you have superior knowledge or experience. If you know a better way, share it, and let people take it or leave it. I think that is the spirit of this forum, sharing ideas and experience to advance the art of detailing with ones who do it. Being right isnt everything. I look forward to reading more of your posts but please dont insult us by treating us like we are idiots.

Thanks,
John
Dan
June 02, 2002 06:04PM
Not to sound like a dick, but have you ever tried to actually "clean" with this product? The stuff is like grape juice dilluted 10-1 it smells like! Maybe bird @!#$, but water spots and scratches, I dont think so, If it has any cleaners in it its hardly any. Its like lubricated water, nothing more, meguairs claims are false a lot of the time, you just have to try it out and I think Grant's opinion is from actually trying it and determining if it is a cleaner.
June 03, 2002 12:14AM
thanks

Yes I use quick detail all the time.........it simply gives my car a nice shine.......i wouldnt replace pant cleaner with it
when to re do
June 03, 2002 01:47AM
hello everyone,
I use meguirers wash , #1 cleaner, #2 polish, #3 wax... after i finish my last wax how long should i wait to wax again . or should i polish then wax .... or should i clean ,polish, wax .... i have a 98 white bonneville i wash daily or at least try . any help would be great ..
Just found this site and enjoy reading it...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login