Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Microfibers

Posted by Rob Marini 
Microfibers
February 06, 2006 12:19AM
<HTML>I noticed that my interior microfibers after a few uses become resistant to water and chemicals. The water actually beads up and falls right off..therefore making it useless. Even after washing with regular laundry soap..any of you guys come across the same problem and find a quick solution?</HTML>
Re: Microfibers
February 06, 2006 01:35PM
<HTML>Do not use fabric softener (most contain silicone that the towel will adsorb and it will weaken the towels static charge and clog the fibres thereby reducing their effectiveness) towel will also treat the fabric softener as if it was dirt by trying to store the tiny particles of the softener in the towel fibres.

This will clog up the micro fibres and render the towel ineffective. Add a teaspoon per towel distilled white vinegar in place of a softener, the vinegar doesn't coat the fibres but instead works to eliminate detergent residue and the acid counteracts any alkaline minerals in the water supply.

Vinegar (Acetic acid, pH=2) works well in the rinse cycle to make your towels softer. Detergent is an alkaline (pH=12, the opposite of acidic on the pH scale).

When you wash your towels (or anything for that matter) there are small amounts of detergent left behind, when your add Vinegar it balances the pH of the solution and helps removes the excess detergent from the wash.

Do not wash micro fibre cloths / towels with other non- micro fibre fabrics, as they will pick up lint from other fabrics.</HTML>

[ each one / teach one, then student /becomes teacher ]
Re: Microfibers
February 06, 2006 06:32PM
<HTML>I will try that. thank you very much.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login