Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Inspection light

Posted by oli 
oli
Inspection light
April 07, 2006 08:42PM
<HTML>I was wondering from the recommendation to get a Xenon rechargeable spotlight, I am confronted by the candle power choices. What is the candle power of the one recommended to use for paint inspection. I one I am looking at is called MaxFire Dual Xenon Rechargeable Spotlight. It has 500, 000 candle power.
[www.brinkmann.net];
Re: Inspection light
April 08, 2006 07:48PM
<HTML>I have the Brinkmann Dual Xenon light and yes, it is a good inspection light. It's outstanding for outdoor use when the sunlight isn't ideal. However, in an ideal shop setting, I would recommend it as a compliment to other lights, not as one's only inspection light. There is still a strong place for the good ol' 1000 watt halogens on a tripod, a portable/hand held fluorescent light, 200-300 watt incandescents, and even the classic, 75-100 watt trouble light.

In the case of dark colored paints,if you want to highly scrutinize your polishing progress, view the paint under all or several of these lights. You can do this upon one final check in bright, natural sunlight.

If you have a ruthlessly picky customer, demonstrate just how well you polished the car by inviting him/her to look at it under all those lights. grinning smiley</HTML>

Nothing is good enough.There is always a way to make it better; a way which we must all strive to learn. ---Sir Henry Royce
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login