Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What brands to use?

Posted by Stephen Bruno 
What brands to use?
April 27, 2006 03:44PM
<HTML>Hi. My name is Stephen Bruno. I am new to this site and to the auto detailing world. I have been considering starting my own bsuiness for awhile and have gained some experience working on a few vehicles. However, I am still at a loss as to which brands of products I should use. I have tried several but I would like to know which are the "best". There are so many brands out there, all of which seem to be touting good products. Obviously, trying everything wouldn't be the most efficient way to go. I thought you all might be able to tell me what you use and like. Should I try to mix and match several brands or just go with, say, Meguiar's products? I would really appreciate any advice you all could give me.
-Stephen</HTML>
Re: What brands to use?
April 27, 2006 04:35PM
<HTML>Hey, Stephen,

One of the important things to consider when choosing chemicals isn't so much the brand as what kind of support you're going to receive after you buy it. The best chemicals in the world aren't going to give you good results if you don't use them properly.

In that regard I highly recommend ValuGard products from Automotive International (www.autoint.com). They develop their own chemicals and, if you run in to a situation you need advice on, a toll-free call to Tim or Ron will get you the information you need to get the job done right.

That's just my two cents...I'm sure everyone has their "favorite" brand. I'm just going from the experience we've had with Auto Magic, Car-Brite, and ValuGard. All make good stuff but the support from ValuGard is far, far superior to the others.

Steve Bough
The Shine Shop
Jasper, IN</HTML>

Steve Bough
The Shine Shop
Jasper, IN

PDTA Member

&quot;If ignorance is bliss...why aren't more people happy?&quot;
April 27, 2006 10:29PM
<HTML>Im sure the support from Bud would also be good if you used his products.</HTML>
April 28, 2006 02:32AM
<HTML>Stephen:

That is correct, if you deal with a legit company like Auto International or DETAIL PLUS you will get quality chemicals. The same can be said for Auto Magic; Car Brite; Pro; Granitize; Ardex, etc.

The key is not the chemicals, they are all about the same, if you compare apples and apples. What is key is the support the supplier can give you.

Not just in how to use their chemicals but how to run your business and make money. You can use anyone's chemicals and if you know how to make money you will do it.

However, if a company cannot help you beyond how to use the chemicals they are lacking in what you should be receiving.

Both Auto International and DETAIL PLUS, I can say with confidence offer this help to detailers.

Regards
Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS
www.detailplus.com
buda@detailplus.com</HTML>

buda
April 28, 2006 02:46PM
<HTML>Opps...I didn't mean to slight Bud or Detail Plus. We've used some of Bud's products too and, again, the products and support are superior.

I would especially recommend Bud's clay. Excellent product and reasonably priced in quantity.</HTML>

Steve Bough
The Shine Shop
Jasper, IN

PDTA Member

&quot;If ignorance is bliss...why aren't more people happy?&quot;
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login