Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

<b>Vegetable salad oil in our wash buckets?</b>

Posted by <b>Webmaster</b> 
<b>Vegetable salad oil in our wash buckets?</b>
May 16, 2006 02:07AM
<HTML>I got the following email as a suggestion.

Comments?

~paul

When I first joined Socalm I received a copy of Miata Magazine. The magazine had a section on " Tech Tips".
In it was the suggestion that you should add about a Teaspoon/Tablespoon of vegetable salad oil to you wash bucket along with the car washing detergent.
The vegetable oil acts as a slufactant and suspends the microscopic particles of dirt (the ones that scratch the surface) up off of the surface and also replenishes some oils that oxidize out of the paint everyday.

I have been doing this every time I wash my '97 red and it always looks great.

Try it, see if you like it.</HTML>
Re: Vegetable salad oil in our wash buckets?
May 16, 2006 02:25PM
<HTML>This is just one of the tricks out there. Some other tricks are, Murphy Oil Soap for cleaning leather and vinyl, vinegar and water for glass, baking soda for bugs on the front of your car, WD40 for a engine dressing , original Go Jo hand cleaner for tire dressing, Future floor wax also for tires and outside vinyl, ammonia and water for cleaning upholestry , and a cup of kerosene in a bucket of water to wash your car.</HTML>
May 16, 2006 03:07PM
<HTML>You can try alittle kersosene in the wash bucket too. Was a trick used by automatic car washes a few years back.

And, my friend from Romania tells me Coca Cola does wonders on tires.

Regards
Bud a</HTML>

buda
May 16, 2006 10:01PM
<HTML>The oil does work BUT I would use coconut oil as it seems to work better....as in it seems to mix better with the water (smells great also).

The oil will naturally seperate from the water so when using oil you'll need to constantly mix or agitate the water. If used in conjunction with soap don't be alarmed at how it reduces the suds.

Anthony</HTML>

Details, Details, Details....It's all in the details!
www.UltimateReflections.NET
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login