Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

goodbye for now

Posted by mike lambert 
goodbye for now
June 02, 2002 11:44PM
let me start by saying i have really enjoyed this site ,untill recently when it has becomed more of a i'm better than you site.
i have been detailing cars for about 20 years,not to the extent i do now but on the side for people in the fire dept. or the repair shop i worked at for 9 years. my wife let me go to work for a high end shop and we started thinking about our own shop she was wonderfull and said go for it!
we have been in business for 2 years and are consistantly booked 6 to 8 weeks in advance,and untill this week that was 7 days a week. so i think that with over 45 first place concours trophies ,twice that amount best in class trophies, i might know just a little bit about how to wax a car!
i have found that recently i have been called into question about posting for nothing,not color sanding, and aparently not knowing detailing because i don,t have a body shop. we do impeccable work in an imaculate facility,if someone needs body work i send them ,and fix it when it is done.we treat every car as if the owner wanted to show it,not get them in and out to make the most money,and it has paid off for us. so i will not be offering any of my inexperienced advice on this site for awhile. if some of you want to contact me here is my e mail
the shine shop at hot mail or nini43@msn, or you can call 410-833-1632

thanks,mike at the shine shop
Re: goodbye for now
June 03, 2002 12:02PM
This post is for everyone......If we say things on a public forum that offend each other, it makes a statement about who we are. I would like to believe we are all one family, working in a common field, and trying improve on what we do by getting and giving feedback along the way. I believe on e mail, that sometimes things might be taken the wrong way, even when no harm is intended. On the other hand, I have also seen people publicly challenge our partners here in a acrimonious tone. Such behavor, is callow. Lets try this to improve on communication in a positive manner. respect everyone/insult no-one/when you dis- aggree, say why without pointing fingers at people. I have been where Mike is, and I understand how he feels. I consider myself the new guy here. regardless of how much or how little experience any of us have, we all desearve integrity. That's all. The end. turboman

Dan
June 03, 2002 03:03PM
You do not have to leave! No one wants to feel out of place here. I think we all misunderstood each other, I was not reffering to you as one of the people that didnt have a valid opinion about color sanding. I set you aside, and damned all the others,LOL! I mean, please...I have 1/100 the amount of experience you have, Im doing my FIRST concours car this wednesday. No one feels you dont know how to wax a car for christs sake!

My outlook express is down or else I would have emailed you.
June 03, 2002 03:40PM
Mike,

I have always looked forward to your input.
June 03, 2002 05:30PM
Hey Mike we appreciate your thoughts, but if you want to leave I can understand.People like you are the ones I look forward to hearing replies from because you have the experience that people like me can learn from. I have had alot occasions on this forum where I was educated by others who had been there before me. Good luck to you!

John
June 03, 2002 06:21PM
Mike:

Your statement of your intent to withdraw from posting is indeed unfortunate. I hope that you do continue in spite of any uncomplementary posts that may have been directed to you.

I can understand your frustration but encourage you to alwasy try to be open and appreciative of various opinions even when they are radically different from ones personal view. No matter what, I try to find some sort of value to them as long as they are genuine. For the ones that are not genuine the answer is simple, I shed them immediatly and do not give them a second thought.

Thank goodness that there have been but a few of those undesirable posts on this board.

It seems to me that you have provided some valued information and it would be a shame for the board to loose one like you.

Hope you find it in you heart and will to reconsider for the good of the many of us that appreciate sharing expereinces with others and the efforts that it takes to post for everyone.
June 04, 2002 05:02PM
Mike,

I am very sorry you will be leaving this message board. You along with many other "Experts" on this board have helped me make my car a very beautiful thing. I have tried many of your suggestions and loved the results. I wish you could look beyond the personalities and opinions of others and continue your obvious dedication to the facets of car detailing. If not, you will be getting e-mails from me on your input to my questions. Hope to hear from you soon.

Joe Yak
June 05, 2002 01:39AM
Hey Mike I say @!#$ em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There just jeolous
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login